Main Menu

Say it Ain't So Joe

Started by Topcat, October 16, 2020, 07:16:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

My favorite player in NHL...Gone!   :bricks: 

https://www.nhl.com/mapleleafs/news/joe-thornton-maple-leafs-contract-signing/c-319469914

He's about to retire soon anyway..

We Love Joe out here. He's a Santa Cruz Mtn. Man. 
We even talk about him being cited in Los Gatos. Lunardi's, Hwy 17.

No Mo Jo N San Jo.   :whiteflag:   :D

A couple of my brothers and I went to the 2016 Stanley Cup Finals Game 5 , stayed at the same hotel as the Sharks.

Joe was standing in the hotel lobby waiting on the team bus and I almost got into a fight with him before the game.
I wised up and decided I didn't want to get my teeth punched out by him.

Topcat

Quote from: 73440 on October 16, 2020, 08:54:47 PM
A couple of my brothers and I went to the 2016 Stanley Cup Finals Game 5 , stayed at the same hotel as the Sharks.

Joe was standing in the hotel lobby waiting on the team bus and I almost got into a fight with him before the game.
I wised up and decided I didn't want to get my teeth punched out by him.

Lol. I woulda at least taken a picture
There will never be a better assist on the front than Joe.
Pin Point accuracy like Joe Montana.

Best I have now is the Sharks team bus leaving the hotel for the game.
The 6th Street Bridge, Roberto Clemente Bridge , is in the background.
Back in the 1980s after a Penguins game at the Civic Arena , The Igloo,  and after many beers I climbed that bridge the superstructure and sat on top of the tower and finished an Iron City beer.

After watching a police car pass over the bridge towards the north side I made my way down the superstructure .
the police car turned the corner over the bridge , the policeman opened his window and said ,son were you climbing that bridge I said no sir and he said well don't do it again because it's dangerous I said yes sir.

jimynick

LOL:, hopefully in the intervening decades you've learned that climbing bridges and beer doesn't really work; know what I mean Vern?  ;)
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Cudajason

Quote from: Topcat on October 16, 2020, 07:16:27 PM
My favorite player in NHL...Gone!   :bricks: 

https://www.nhl.com/mapleleafs/news/joe-thornton-maple-leafs-contract-signing/c-319469914

He's about to retire soon anyway..

We Love Joe out here. He's a Santa Cruz Mtn. Man. 
We even talk about him being cited in Los Gatos. Lunardi's, Hwy 17.

No Mo Jo N San Jo.   :whiteflag:   :D

Those of us routing for the Leaf's are excited to see what he can do this year!!!
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

one bad fish

All the respect in the world for Joe. Hope he can bring some leadership into the Leaf's locker room. Signing TJ Brody to a 20 million dollar deal has me puzzled though. I can see trying to get Joe in there for 700 grand but I have watched Brody play in Calgary for the last ten years - he's played his best hockey. Hope he proves me wrong. Looks like we will have an all Canadian league at the start of next season from I have been reading....

Cudajason

Quote from: one bad fish on October 20, 2020, 12:59:56 AM
All the respect in the world for Joe. Hope he can bring some leadership into the Leaf's locker room. Signing TJ Brody to a 20 million dollar deal has me puzzled though. I can see trying to get Joe in there for 700 grand but I have watched Brody play in Calgary for the last ten years - he's played his best hockey. Hope he proves me wrong. Looks like we will have an all Canadian league at the start of next season from I have been reading....

Agreed...that TJ signing has me stumped as well!

I heard that All Canadian division idea, make sense. 

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.