Main Menu

Self Shipping Discounts!!

Started by 70vert, December 09, 2021, 01:18:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70vert

I posted on another thread about the high cost of shipping stuff we sell, well my wife just today discovered a website that offers discounted rates. It seems too good to be true but we did actually just ship a box today and saved a quite a bit.

www.pirateship.com

The box pictured is 20.75"x16.25"x5" and weighs 5lbs, and is going from Houston to California. USPS was charging $42 and UPS was charging $34. Using Pirate Ship it was only $14. Their website is pretty slick, you can estimate shipping with just a zipcode and it will search both USPS & UPS for the cheapest and then show you the discount. There is a video tutorial but it is really quite easy. It will create a PDF of the label that you can then print out and just drop the package off. Ours was a UPS shipment and there is an authorized place near us. No customers were there, odd since it is 2 weeks till Christmas, I handed it to the worker and left.

I've only done this one, but this looks promising  ;)

70 Challenger Lover

Thanks! I'll check it out. I shipped something small and fairly light the other day. When I tried using the shipping tool through eBay, they would only give me the priority option which was a rip off at $42 but when I logged into PayPal, I was able to create a shipping label for only $16. Odd since PayPal is owned by eBay.

JonH

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on December 09, 2021, 03:49:05 PM
Thanks! I'll check it out. I shipped something small and fairly light the other day. When I tried using the shipping tool through eBay, they would only give me the priority option which was a rip off at $42 but when I logged into PayPal, I was able to create a shipping label for only $16. Odd since PayPal is owned by eBay.

Wrong....PayPal was spun off several years ago...

70 Challenger Lover

Wrong....PayPal was spun off several years ago...
[/quote]

Don't care.... @70vert I just created an account and got a quote for something I have shipped before at a cost of $50. Their price was $30.18. Heck of a discount. Can't wait to ship something now.

cudaize

My wife and I have been using pirateship for a year or more with no problems.  It used to just be postal service but they added UPS as a service option recently.  With the postal service rate increases many time UPS is somewhat cheaper.

Cuda Cody

Any updates?  Anyone else try Pirate Ship yet?  I haven't had anything to ship lately, but I'm excited to try it.

7E-Bodies

I got talked into shipping my original 440 car radiator to Wausau WI for rebuild using Speedee Delivery. It spooked me since they didn't offer insurance. However, it was insanely cheap and it made it both ways with zero issues. What's even better is they picked it up at my house.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

RzeroB

@Cuda Cody   My wife has a little home business and has been using PirateShip for years. Works great, never a problem. All you need is a home postage scale, a ruler and you're set.  :twothumbsup:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

70vert

since I first posted, my wife has shipped about 5 more things and has had no issues.

When you create a shipment it asks for the buyers email and if you put it in (not required) they will notify them and provide the tracking number. It notifies the shipper when the shipment has been logged in, either USPS or UPS. As mentioned you can schedule a pickup or just drop it off at most any shipping site, we are using PostNet. I thought you could add insurance, will check and confirm.

The discounts vary, but the convenience is another great plus.

We have not done an international shipment so don't know about that.

Cuda Cody

Tried Pirate Ship for the first time and it was crazy easy and WAY less.  Saved me about $20 already.   :banana: