Main Menu

Sign that we’re almost done worrying about coronavirus?

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, May 23, 2020, 09:37:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Skid Row

:cheers: No government can give you anything, They haven't already taken away from you...Winston Churchill

torredcuda

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on May 24, 2020, 12:07:17 PM
Quote from: cuda hunter on May 24, 2020, 11:56:06 AM
1st. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

2nd. A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The second amendment is as important as the first.  It is there to make sure we understand what must be done to those who take away our right to speech and assembly.

That's what I find so fascinating about this crisis; For once, the threat was something we all agreed on so when the government came down with emergency orders taking away our right to peaceably assemble, we all accepted it. It demonstrates that if you message something right, you can get universal buy-in and make harsh regulations that eventually become the new normal. In essence, a government has no need to worry about the 2nd Amendment when all citizens universally forfeit their other rights willingly.

I don`t think of it as giving up our rights but more common sense was that we all VOLUNTARILY helped stop the  spread a deadly virus, now after a few months many are deciding we have been quarentined long enough and are starting  to revolt against the stay at home orders because they cannot force us to do it.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

70 Challenger Lover

I would have felt a whole lot better about all this is there was a united non political message to do this and that as precautions but the statewide orders really rubbed me the wrong way. Almost like a test to see what people would be willing to accept for the greater good. And then you hear certain officials both in law enforcement and out who wanted to arrest surfers, moms at parks, hair stylists and protestors while at the same time releasing violent offenders from jails because they were at risk. There were a few In charge who showed potential to be real fascists given the right climate.

Chryco Psycho

I have yet to worry about this virus .
82 % that die are older have other issues , the general public has not been at risk , normal flu season is no worse .
I worry more about the people & the economy & that the governments of almost the whole world bought into  this rediculous plan !
No Kool Aid for me !!

Cudakiller70

Oh it's over, at least around here. People here are out everywhere. We went through town Friday night and I haven't seen a cruise night that big since we were kids out cruising. It was flat out awesome! No social distancing, very few were wearing masks. All ages and families. Also Went to cheapo depot and Lowes today, in both stores they had almost all registers open trying to get people through, parking lots were just about full. Went to ace hardware and it was the same thing. I have never ever seen it this busy and with so many people in the stores and out and about. It's been like this since early May around here. Almost everyone in stores are wearing masks most places won't let you in without one Oh and boats and jet skis going to the delta.

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cudakiller70

Brentwood California about 50 miles east of San Francisco. @cuda hunter

cuda hunter

interesting.  I'm getting mixed reviews from my different friends in Cali.  Seems San Diego is doing pretty well with following the states regs where as L.A. is not following the regs at all.  San Fran is following regs but where your at east of san fran yal aren't following the regs either. 
Wish my customer who canceled the house build this year was from your area. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Brads70 on May 24, 2020, 10:02:58 AM
My  :alan2cents:

Never was in " fear" of the coronavirus . Respect it yes, fear no.  When its my time, its my time, simple. We are all going to die and for most of us it won't be a " good time"  I can accept that and don't fear being "dead" . Living takes more courage than dying. Like the Bikers say, live hard die young, leave a good looking corpse! LOL Life is for the living, not the dead.   
We were asked to " flatten the curve" so as to not overwhelm our medical systems.  Made sense,  I understood and participated. We accomplished that. Now its has changed to permanently continue till they find a vaccine.  Which will likely be years down the road( if ever?) and by the time they come up with one it will most definitely have mutated by then rendering it ineffective.( reports out of China say the second wave has mutated)  Something like the flu shot .     ( which I never have participated in, they do not have a good track record with by the way.) Let alone the controversies surrounding whats inside the " vaccine"  Facts as of now is that there is no " cure/magic bullet"  for this. It has to work its way thru our societies till " herd immunity" is achieved. Just like any other virus mankind has endured from the beginning of time. I think history will show that Sweden got it right.     
I do have a fear/ mistrust of some  governments though. Not a fan of being " kettled"  having my various rights, property rights and freedoms taken away step by step, with many never to return. Fear is a powerful weapon, oldest tool in the books to control people.
I'd rather die with my boots on than live on my knees thanks. And with well over 90% survive ability with mild stay at home symptoms, I do not "FEAR" taking my chances . No one can deny the facts that they are padding the death numbers due to covid 19 . You could almost jump out of an airplane without a parachute these days and it would be listed as a covid death. Again, fear is a powerful tool/weapon!   The government up here clearly has not a clue how to handle this . One day, no wearing a mask is ineffective , next everyone should wear one, then no, then yes. Then there is the pathetic hypocrisy of our " leaders" no don't go to your cottages but we can etc... Rules for thee but not for me. Your just a peasant. No thanks !
I firmly believe the quality of my life would be much better with much less government interference. Life is hard enough without the incompetence of more and more government interference in every aspect of my life from cradle to grave. They always seem to run out of other peoples money but never there own? 
This is just the tip of the iceberg, we up here are dealing with.
      https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/harrington-lake-renovations-ncc-1.5535502

Brad, I've always appreciated your input... This post may have moved you up to long distance mind reader status... You've been inside my head...

torredcuda

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on May 24, 2020, 01:45:02 PM
I would have felt a whole lot better about all this is there was a united non political message to do this and that as precautions but the statewide orders really rubbed me the wrong way. Almost like a test to see what people would be willing to accept for the greater good. And then you hear certain officials both in law enforcement and out who wanted to arrest surfers, moms at parks, hair stylists and protestors while at the same time releasing violent offenders from jails because they were at risk. There were a few In charge who showed potential to be real fascists given the right climate.

When I first saw what was considered "essentail" and saw liquor stores were on the list I knew the lockdown was a joke. Long lines at big box stores but small stores, churches, campgrounds etc. closed - why? It`s unfortunate that some of those in charge have used this to blame others or use ti to promote thier agendas but I guess we shouldn`t be surprised at those politicians as it`s business as usual for most of them.

70 Challenger Lover

I think that's where our leaders and health experts would have had more credibility had they issued recommended guidelines rather than orders. In our county, the orders were very gently enforced with direction that no one was getting arrested. Period. Other counties though released their storm troopers who went out and harassed people that were all alone causing no harm.

It's impossible to subjectively decide which businesses will suffer or die versus which ones will be allowed to flourish. Some mom and pops hang on by a thread and these orders killed them. Some will never reopen. I don't think I could ever open a business knowing that I'm one bad flu season away from the government shutting me down while allowing my larger corporate competitor gets to stay open.

cuda hunter

That sentiment is scary.  If your afraid to practice capitalism because the government "might" shut you down they have won. 

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 25, 2020, 07:04:28 AM
That sentiment is scary.  If your afraid to practice capitalism because the government "might" shut you down they have won.

They did win though. My favorite bar closed for good. I was just reading an article of a gym owner who was arrested for opening and now he plans to open again, while the local authorities are threatening to arrest him once more. A judge in Texas threw a hair dresser in jail because she wouldn't bow and issue an apology to the public for having the audacity to open against orders. The list goes on.

If we are serious in our outrage about all this, then we should be voting all these turds out of office. All too often, people tend to support their own representatives and keep voting them back in.

torredcuda

I think the scary thing is more that the government can tell say you can`t open your business but others are allowed to.

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: torredcuda on May 25, 2020, 07:15:49 AM

I think the scary thing is more that the government can tell say you can`t open your business but others are allowed to.

That is essentially what they did. They waved their fingers at businesses and cast death sentences at some while granting life to others. I'd love to see most incumbents voted out. Send a powerful message what we think of them.