Main Menu

Cruzin’ the Ave

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, September 14, 2020, 03:40:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

Back in the day around my town " cruzin the ave" is what we all did. See an be seen, check out the cars an the girls. My wife came across this. Check out the Cuda ! On friday/saturday nights it was bumper to bumper. Loud pipes, blasting stereo's and stop light drags

Chryco Psycho

We had some cool cruize routes also , Man I miss those days !! :vipermanhiding:
Great picture too .

70rag383

Must have been the same in every city.  Late 70's we would cruise Yonge Street in Toronto. One buddy in his 67 Impala SS, one in his 73 Camaro 350-4V, one in his 74 Z-28 with the 69 302 motor and me in my 383 Challenger. Wonderful memories.

jimynick

You guys had it made! Imagine the length of those streets?! Back in Walkerton in the 60's the main street was 5 or 6 blocks long, and it was all required for me to dive on the floor of my buddy's 56 Fairlane and yank the gas pedal back up as we strap'd it on Whitey Eidt in his 57 Chevy. LOL I remember wondering- for a half second- if the old 292 was going to blow it's clutch and take my head off, but she took it like a champ!  :stayinlane:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

RUNCHARGER

Great days! Probably took 45 minutes to cruise around the town, you would meet people along the way. Pull in somewhere to visit, what great memories.
Sheldon