Main Menu

Shaker Hood Question

Started by floorit426, December 30, 2020, 06:12:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

floorit426

Did all shaker equipped cars come with the shaker sticker? I have owned mine, since 1975, and it didn't have the sticker, or any evidence that it ever did, It was a relatively early build, with an SPD of 10/6.

RSI700VIPER

As far as I know they did but never say never with mother mopar...

ek3

anlauto

I really think you would have to be an original owner to say whether or not your car had one when new  :alan2cents:

An original owner could have peeled them off pretty quick if he didn't like it... :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

fc7cuda

I think it's pretty well accepted that super early built cars, like in August, did not have the decal.  Others could be hit or miss but hard to confirm or prove. 

RUNCHARGER

Everyone I knew loved the decal. I imagine people would have been a bit bummed if it wasn't on their new car when delivered.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on December 31, 2020, 07:26:03 AM
Everyone I knew loved the decal. I imagine people would have been a bit bummed if it wasn't on their new car when delivered.

I agree, I think they are cool...but I've had more then one person tell me, they "don't like that decal"....just recently I had shown a car to a customer and the guys wife said...."OH...I hate that...it's messing with my brain"  We just laughed...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

njsteve

The only thing I hate about the decal are the idiot cameramen at mecum who always have to do the obligatory camera shake after doing a closeup of the decal. THAT is the most annoying thing to me.   :pokeeye: