Main Menu

Shop Addition

Started by Shane Kelley, September 18, 2018, 11:10:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Shane Kelley

Building onto my shop at the house. Needed a area to do body and paint work at home. Won't be painting any overalls in there since I have access to paint booths at work. Probably do some jambs and components here. I hate driving 40 minutes to the shop on weekends so that's why I'm doing this. My main shop is 30x40x10 and the new addition is 30x30x12. Would have loved to go bigger but that's all the room I have.  There will be a roll up door in between my shop and the new addition. Making some good progress but lots of work ahead of me. 

1 Wild R/T

Nice!! Consider me jealous....

usraptor

Very nice! :bigthumb: Are going to put a lift in it?  Putting a lift in my shop was the best thin I ever did.

Cuda Cody

Freaking awesome man!!!  I'm so happy for you.

Shane Kelley

Quote from: usraptor on September 18, 2018, 12:10:29 PM
Very nice! :bigthumb: Are going to put a lift in it?  Putting a lift in my shop was the best thin I ever did.
Yes.  I'm moving this lift from my other building where I store my equipment and parts. That's the reason I went with a taller roof on the addition. It sucks having the lift in a different building working on stuff. 10 million trips back and forth for tools.

anlauto

You guys with money and property are so lucky  :worship: ...yea I'm jealous too  :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 18, 2018, 12:27:55 PM
Freaking awesome man!!!  I'm so happy for you.
Thanks Cody! This will be nice but yours is "freaking awesome!"  :wowzers:   I will say I don't envy having to keep yours clean.

Cudagirl3406

Nice... gotta love that!   :bradsthumb:

Shane Kelley

Quote from: anlauto on September 18, 2018, 12:37:56 PM
You guys with money and property are so lucky  :worship: ...yea I'm jealous too  :crying:
Well......  I have a little property but the money not so much. While I don't consider myself poor I definitely wouldn't say I have plenty. I work 40hrs a week to pay bills and live comfortable but not extravagant.  Building and working on cars on the side pays for my extra's like shop, tools and cars. Maybe some day I will retire from the daily grind and do it full time like you Alan. That's why I'm trying to get all my shop stuff ready and done. Like to keep my options open just in case.

Morty426

You can never have enough shop. 

Mine is 80x50x14 and it's still not big enough.  I'm going to have to add another shop in the near future. 

73_Cuda_4_Me

Congrats! Looks awesome! You could always put the lift in my garage, if you really want to make more room!...   :rofl:
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

anlauto

Quote from: Shane Kelley on September 18, 2018, 12:52:53 PM
Quote from: anlauto on September 18, 2018, 12:37:56 PM
Well......  I have a little property but the money not so much. While I don't consider myself poor I definitely wouldn't say I have plenty. I work 40hrs a week to pay bills and live comfortable but not extravagant.  Building and working on cars on the side pays for my extra's like shop, tools and cars. Maybe some day I will retire from the daily grind and do it full time like you Alan. That's why I'm trying to get all my shop stuff ready and done. Like to keep my options open just in case.

In my neck of the woods just a building like that would be a quarter of a million dollars easy.....I would have to work two lifetimes to have that kind of money. :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Nice! I like your design, what are those , 4 x 6's, it's hard to tell from the picture.

Chryco Psycho

Nice to have the extra space for sure & get stuff into one area to work on , Way to go  :twothumbsup:

RUNCHARGER

Nice: I'm looking to change things up soon as well.
Sheldon