Main Menu

Show us your fabrications

Started by Brads70, August 21, 2017, 04:50:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Have you made a tool , a part, etc... for your E-Body? Post up some pictures. It might inspire others!

Shane Kelley

Front K member/drivetrain stand and adjustable A&E body vehicle cherry picker bracket.

HP_Cuda

Shane - cool stand but if it could telescope it down then you wouldn't have to put the rear end of the car so high up.

I had a similar situation where putting the rear end so high up got a bit sketchy.

Now using a lift and your k-member stand would work a charm!
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Shane Kelley

Quote from: HP_Cuda on August 21, 2017, 11:09:49 AM

Shane - cool stand but if it could telescope it down then you wouldn't have to put the rear end of the car so high up.

I had a similar situation where putting the rear end so high up got a bit sketchy.

Now using a lift and your k-member stand would work a charm!
I thought about that. But was to lazy to go through all that effort. If I was using it all the time that would be another story. This was a good height so I could slide under the car and bolt up the trans cross member. That's the first thing I fasten up. Then I slide a floor jack under the front of the stand and jack the K member and car up together and then install K member bolts. It's pretty stable when using the XL jack stands under the rear end housing. Under the rear frame rails. Not so much. A little nerve racking to say the least.

CudaMoparRay

I admire people who not only build their own cars but also the equipment to do so.

Brads70

I made this valley pan  awhile back when I was building my engine.

Brads70

Water pump spacers

Brads70

Pinion shims for composite leaf springs. With composite leaf springs you can't have the U bolts touching the spring, that why the " side wing"

Brads70

Making my front spoiler

Roadman

Brad, you da man.    :worship:       @Brads70

Brads70

Fender flair project, fitted in 315/30/18 with 18x11" rims. Don't worry I have my original rust free California fenders stored away. I cut up AMD repops.

Brads70

Finished fender project...
Paint match is off, someday I'll paint the whole car.

Brads70

Circle track power steering pump project, made the brackets to suit my 451"

Brads70

Got tired of leaky thermostat housings so I made my own....

RUNCHARGER

Great stuff Brad: I love all of it!
Sheldon