Cuda Cody

Brad is Jedi Wizard level with metal.   :clapping:

Cudajason

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 23, 2017, 06:02:52 PM
Brad is Jedi Wizard level with metal.   :clapping:

no kidding.

I wish I had that kind of skill! 

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Cuda Cody

I do not want to make everyone jealous, but this is some fancy welding.    :Thud:    :haha:   I can not take credit for the first repair.... we found it on one of my cars that I bought that had all the "metal work" done and was "paint ready".   :Thud:  If I had to find something positive to say about the first repair attempt, at least they tried to fix it with metal and not bondo. 

Burdar

Brad has some "mad" fabrication skills! When ever I have a fabrication question I PM Brad. I was going to post a few things but my skills are extremely amateurish.

Brads70

Quote from: Burdar on August 23, 2017, 06:17:16 PM
I was going to post a few things but my skills are extremely amateurish.
Don't say that, not true! I love your work. Post it up man!  I remember some of your nice clean/neat brackets for transmission coolers etc...

blown motor

Raspberry jam. Hey, I don't have a lathe! And with no kids at home anymore I get to lick the beaters.  :D
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Marc70challenger

GoodysGotaCuda

Designed, 3D printed and installed my Speedhut tach mount.

The power steering bracket w/torque strap mount is of my design, laser cut.

The Formula car [not e-body related], my colleagues and I designed, built [from scratch] and raced it. I designed the suspension and did a very heavy amount of fabrication on it.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Burdar

"Goody" I've got an idea for a part that could be 3D printed.  Do you still have access to a 3D printer?  If so, PM me sometime.  :wave:

Burdar

I made a simple air filter cover to make a generic open element air cleaner look custom.  It was just a 3" tall x 4' long piece of aluminum that I drilled holes in.  I used a dimple die to dimple the holes.  Then I just bent the piece around the filter.

I did something similar to fill the gap between the rad support and the radiator.

Here is the bracket I made to mount a trans cooler in front of the radiator.

I made my own fan shroud.  Since I can't weld, I had a friend do the welding for me.

I also made some brackets to mount some 74 firewall to fender braces to my 68.

Brads70

Started this project a few years ago, haven't done much in some time. Planning on building my own k-frame with a rack. Using Nascar road race spindles with a few modifications to get the geometry right. I bought a set of Mercedes AMG 8 piston Brembo's and rebuilt them ( $18 bucks for the kit at Rock auto!) Wilwood rotors and made my own hubs. Nascar stuff was too heavy and wrong bolt pattern. I don't think I'll be wearing out those wheel bearings any time soon! LOL   

Brads70

More for K-Frame project....
Mounting calipers to spindles.

Mickm

Very nice work Brad! :perfect10:

Cheers!
Mickm

Brads70

I got some more use out of my dimple dies.... came in handy when mounting a new rad.

Brads70

Double pass C&R  Rad  mounted in rubber bushings . I "harvested" the bushings of some car in the wrecking yard. They pull the rads usually for scrap aluminum so the bushing are easy pickings. The last rad I had cracked or pulled the tubes away from the the tanks . It was mounted solid like stock, so the next attempt I mounted it so it floats in rubber like modern rads do. I can wiggle the rad around so hopefully I won't have anymore issues.  Had to make a few mounts to do that....
First picture is what's under the dimple die top plate.
Second is the mounts that got pop riveted to the rad flange