Main Menu

Show us your fabrications

Started by Brads70, August 21, 2017, 04:50:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Quote from: Brads70 on April 21, 2018, 09:23:59 AM
Working on a buddy's 1968 Charger. When mounting the rear bumper it's insane trying to reach the body to bumper bracket bots/nuts. Enough of that crap! So I made the nuts captive so you don't need a wrench, just tighten them from the inside of the trunk.

Huge thumbs up on simple items such as that.

Mike
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

cuda hunter

I'm just blown away at yal's skills.   
I'd like to buy every one of those parts. 

I have a picture of the rear interior b pillar covers that are usually card board that Bart made out of metal with an english wheel.
When I find it i'll post it up. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

YellowThumper

Mike.

YellowThumper

Here is some of the plenum I have started. Baseplate started as a 1" thick block. It mounts a Ford TB. Also some of the piping iterations I have been trying to sort out.

Mike.

superdave

I really enjoy watching Ifixmycarmyself videos on youtube. He is a true inspiration!! I'll probably hang a couple of repro fenders but sure plan on repairing mine after watching him! :wrenching:  8)  :twothumbsup:

Brads70

I have the intank pump set up from Tanks Inc to replace my current electric fuel pump . I made this to go in place of the pump so I don't have to make another line..... and so I can always go back if I ever want to?

cuda hunter

Here is my modified 402 pan.  had to do this so it would fit in the car . the 67 still has small block K frame.

cuda hunter

painted

YellowThumper

Quote from: Brads70 on May 06, 2018, 07:30:32 PM
I have the intank pump set up from Tanks Inc to replace my current electric fuel pump . I made this to go in place of the pump so I don't have to make another line..... and so I can always go back if I ever want to?

NICE...

Mike.

cuda hunter

gas tank mounts, used the gas tank mount for the electric fuel pump also.
cut out trunk floor and installed a "laying around" metal bar to hold the back of the tank.
then you can see the filler neck that goes around the frame rail on the drivers side.
and the 40ish gallon tank that we put in that was out of a dodge van 92 as I recall.

this car was my very good friend's car.  I helped him do a ton of the changes on the car over the years. Now it's mine and I have to go through and try to make some of these mods look and function better. 

And I totally understand that all of these mods do not look anywhere as cool as you guys's mods.  but this is what we could do with what we had.  back in the nineties and early 00's. 

cuda hunter

And a sledge hammer was used for the inner fender well modification to fit the big block in. 
I don't think I can fit headers in there.  so I'm using an ebody passengers side exhaust I believe.

Burdar

My father-in-law helped me make this part yesterday.  It's a trim ring for the bottom of a Tuff Wheel adapter. It helps transition from the large diameter adapter to the smaller 68 Abody steering column.  I started out with a 5x5 piece of 1/2" aluminum.  We cut out the center hole on a mill.  Then we turned down the outside to size.  Finally, we angle cut the piece to make the transition.  I still have to do some hand sanding but this is really going to look good!

Here's how the column looks without the transition ring.

...with the ring installed.

Brads70

Burdar

QuoteWhat are you making? Horn ring?

Some of my pictures don't show up any more.  I posted one to start with...just to make sure Postimages.org was still working.  THen I went back and finished the post.