Main Menu

Show us your License plate and frame collection

Started by Topcat, February 08, 2018, 09:54:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Old ones from the 70's I like best.
Plymouth and Dodge the most of course.

I really like old dealership frames with period correct plates that match the era. 

Let's see them.

Cudagirl3406

This is my favorite...  :takealook:

76orangewagon

Here is what I currently am running on my 1971 Shaker (N96) 340 Cuda. The great part is that this plate is 100% legal to run.

71vert340

Here's a photo of me in 1972 with my Impala. Note the license plate. Also note my 71 convertible in the background which I had bought that day so the Impala was for sale.  Here's the same plate today. Whenever somebody asks me if I really have had the convertible for 45+ years, I show them the picture. I keep the license plate in the vert.
Terry

Spikedog08

Not current but a few years ago . . . convertible now sports "7DCUDA"
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda_mark

captcolour

Not necessarily ebody related.  Seven was my son's nickname so he got that plate on his first car.  I bought the Bruce plate from a vendor at Carlisle a few years back. The 760 RPI has meaning since I went to RPI (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute) back in 1976.  The purple heart plate was the plate my dad had on his last vehicle along with his WWII P-47 pilot's association frame.  The horns were bought on our first camping trip out west in 1966 and my dad installed above the garage door in the house I grew up in.  When sold the house a few years ago, took them to display again.

Topcat

Some cool plates.  :cheers:

I'll get some pics this week-end and add some here soon.

IRON MAN

I'm in the middle of restoring a 68 AMX 390 GO PACK. I am the 2nd owner. Original owner bought the AMX from Atchinson American in Pleasant Hill (21 miles from me). The AMX is wearing the original 1968 California plates and dealership plate frames.

scf100

1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

IRON MAN

I was "Boots on the Ground" Vietnam 1970-71.  I still have the specialized plates.

Topcat

First one is on my Cuda. Original plates that were on the car when my parents bought it in 72'.
The license plate frame is from a Dealership that closed right about when the gas wars started...1974 I believe. Car has the original Normandin plates which I still have.

Official Chrysler Show Car plates came from a dealership I once worked at. The Black plates are from my Grandfathers 67'Impala SS 283. Wished I could've kept that car but I was young and didn't make much money then.
Nobody Does It Better was likely from when Advanced Micro Devices were at their Hey Days. 

Another Los Gatos Dealership that is gone.
Out town I grew up was car sales town back in the 50's till the early 80's.

CudaHead

Cudajason

Quote from: IRON MAN on February 09, 2018, 06:58:28 PM
I'm in the middle of restoring a 68 AMX 390 GO PACK. I am the 2nd owner. Original owner bought the AMX from Atchinson American in Pleasant Hill (21 miles from me). The AMX is wearing the original 1968 California plates and dealership plate frames.

I will get some pics of my very small collection tonight.

@IRON MAN have you posted pics of the 69 AMX   :wowzers: :wowzers: :wowzers: :wowzers: :wowzers: :wowzers:

I mean really you can not post a comment like that and not post pics!! 

Jason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.