Main Menu

Sonesta Maho Beach Resort St. Maarten

Started by anlauto, March 17, 2017, 06:50:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Wife and I just book a vacation at the  Sonesta Maho Beach Resort is St. Maarten.
Anybody ever stay there ? :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

yo know I live in Panama right , I can show you around

Cuda Cody

A sunny vacation sound so good right now.  So tired of winter.  :Thud:

Have a great trip!   :twothumbsup:

anlauto

We're not leaving for another nine months.... :tired: we like to be prepared  :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

cordodge

We stayed at the holland house on the Dutch side, we then took the ferry to st Bart's and then to Anquilla for 3 days each. St Maarten is a nice island weather will definitely be better than it is right now lol.

HP_Cuda

Hey Alan

The great part about St. Maarteen/St. Martin is that you can lose your pants on the french side and then go over to the dutch side and lose your shirt!

The landing is quite fun as well. Wave to the beach goers.

B
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

Well....so much for the the last six months of anticipation.....Looks like Irma had different plans....https://www.facebook.com/SonestaStMaarten/posts/10155116934424107  Sounds like our reservations are being cancelled :'( :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

RUNCHARGER

Crazy this year. We're still on fire over here.
Sheldon

HP_Cuda

That's sux and Jose is right behind for the knockout punch!
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Spikedog08

I was wondering if your resort was still there or not?  Looks like a lot of resorts are trashed at this point.   :Thud:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

dougdel

Sorry to hear your vacation plans were changed.  St Martin was a great island to visit.  Wife and I stayed at the sonesta great bay but could use facilities at maha beach.  As for maho, that section was a little more upscale, noises, alive, New Yorky, how ever you want to put it.  Great bay was quiet, laid back and slower.  Was a nice island to rent a car and drive around on, you could do a different beach every day, but after this years storms, not much survived..  maybe consider Aruba, to a little more expensive, but was a fun place to visit, rent a keep and tour around .  When we were there we took a trail around the north side where the seas were rougher and beaches more secluded.  To our surprise the trail we drove on lead to baby beach and right before the beach was the local jail, completecwith ocean views, and from all the places we have been to, the people of Aruba are the friendliest and most helpful. I'd probably give the island of the Antilles several years to recover. Oh ya and back to st Martin,  I even rode the fence at the airport which was a blast both literally and figuratively. Guess we just have to wait and see how they recover.

anlauto

I've been to Aruba on a cruise ship, very nice island  :bigthumb:

We are now booked at a Riu resort in Costa Rica  8) :veryexcited: