Main Menu

Stay away do not buy or get involved with this

Started by jlemler, January 12, 2021, 09:13:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: 7212Mopar on January 12, 2021, 12:53:53 PM
Just wonders how many people still read newspaper. Asking the guy to provide a picture on today's newspaper seems like a monumental task.

Ain't that the truth  :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Recently I've had GREAT experiences with my latest want ads for the Challenger parts I need, either bought them from long distance members or had more local members see my ads and offer up what I need  :worship:

So far, not one questionable member has reached out to me.... :dunno:

I also like to remind EVERYBODY on here to use our "Trade Count" system...you have to use it for it to work  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Bullitt-

Start with a google search of the user... they hit a bunch of forums it appears
   others I'm sure are up to no good > jenzpaul77   robertmich207    Jesse bond77 
dcaron604  francisluke012   <  Just a few from the members list over the last few weeks
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

fc7cuda

Quote from: jlemler on January 12, 2021, 10:49:54 AM
Here it is.  Please see the attachment.  I pray to god you have one.

I have one, if Cody doesn't. Just PM me.

As far as fabricating one, I'd think it'd be pretty difficult given the gauge, bends, ribs, holes, etc of the originals.   But, if the rear speaker attaching bracket is repop for $50 then why not... :alan2cents:

GoMangoBoys

@kape1   I am sorry to hear this.  The situation seemed suspicious, but I did not have proof and did not want to call someone a fraud without proof, so I did not post publicly about it.

Cuda Cody

I looked and I do not have one.   :sorry:

And these spammers are pissing me off.  Myself and Spikedog fight off dozens of them each day.  They are getting worse and worse.  PLEASE let's all lookout for each other and do not buy anything from members without any posts.  I'm going to check to see if I can change a setting to make it so new members can't send messages.  Not sure if I can, but I'll look in to it.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: fc7cuda on January 12, 2021, 03:06:53 PM

As far as fabricating one, I'd think it'd be pretty difficult given the gauge, bends, ribs, holes, etc of the originals.   But, if the rear speaker attaching bracket is repop for $50 then why not... :alan2cents:

If I were fabbing one I wouldn't worry about the ribs, they aren't doing anything other than allowing Chrysler to use light gauge steel... Make the thing out of 14 ga & it doesn't need the ribs, just the 45 degree bend & the attaching holes...

Bills Auto Works

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 12, 2021, 04:44:26 PM

And these spammers are pissing me off.  Myself and Spikedog fight off dozens of them each day.  They are getting worse and worse.  PLEASE let's all lookout for each other and do not buy anything from members without any posts.  I'm going to check to see if I can change a setting to make it so new members can't send messages.  Not sure if I can, but I'll look in to it.

Hi Cody,

Ryan from the Hamb changed the policy to not allow anyone sell or send a  Personal Message to another member until they have made 10 posts. That way if someone has something that they are looking for & have posted it in the "wanted"section, they are protected from a scammer cruising the wanted section looking to screw someone!

God Bless
Bill
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/nationwide-single-car-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

YOUR QUALITY MOPAR TRANSPORTER SINCE 1983!

Topcat

Last week-end, I was browsing members online late at night.

It's like Night of the Living Dead attacking here.  :deadhorse:
Their favorite target thread: Let's get personal.

challengermaniac

Hey Cody,

I received a Message on here from this same character (you can check my mail as needed) and just hopeful you can shut this guy down from our site.

Thanks
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

jlemler

A piece of advise from Paypal was never use Friends and Family option when paying, unless they are truly friends and family.  Part of this guys M.O. is to have you send it as a friends and family transaction thru paypal.  Using this option it is almost impossible for paypal to track it.  The upside of using the Business option is that paypal can track and recoup the money.  At least this is what they Paypal representative.

Cuda Cody

That's a great idea.  I think I have made the correct changes. 

As of now the new members with less than 10 posts will not be able to message other members.

https://forum.e-bodies.org/forum-help-and-suggestions/14/update-to-the-forum-rules-no-personal-messages/19742/

Quote from: Bills Auto Works on January 12, 2021, 05:17:58 PM

Hi Cody,

Ryan from the Hamb changed the policy to not allow anyone sell or send a  Personal Message to another member until they have made 10 posts. That way if someone has something that they are looking for & have posted it in the "wanted"section, they are protected from a scammer cruising the wanted section looking to screw someone!

God Bless
Bill
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/nationwide-single-car-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

Cuda Cody

Thank you.  He's gone now!

Quote from: challengermaniac on January 12, 2021, 06:10:17 PM
Hey Cody,

I received a Message on here from this same character (you can check my mail as needed) and just hopeful you can shut this guy down from our site.

Thanks

Cuda Cody

1 Wild R/T is right.  Super easy to make that bracket with heavier steel and since it's hidden it will function better than new.

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on January 12, 2021, 04:54:21 PM
Quote from: fc7cuda on January 12, 2021, 03:06:53 PM

If I were fabbing one I wouldn't worry about the ribs, they aren't doing anything other than allowing Chrysler to use light gauge steel... Make the thing out of 14 ga & it doesn't need the ribs, just the 45 degree bend & the attaching holes...

Racer57