Main Menu

Steam Engine on the I-10

Started by 303 Mopar, April 18, 2018, 06:44:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

Amazing to watch this steam engine running down the tracks right next to traffic on the I-10.

one bad fish

That thing is a major work of art!! A real beauty!  :unbelievable:

Slotts

To think the whole engine and tender was designed on a drafting table, pencil and eraser. No AutoCad!  :Thud:

That was real engineering!  :woohoo:  Just awesome!

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

1 Wild R/T

Timbbuc2

The real American Muscle, great video.
Get in, I'll drive

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda Cody

superdave

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe..... :banana: Very cool to see that running down the tracks.

blown motor

It would be really cool to get a video of you car running beside it.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: blown motor on April 18, 2018, 10:01:04 AM
It would be really cool to get a video of you car running beside it.

Yeah, it would... I liked seeing the old Chevy pull into the picture but apparently the person shooting the video didn't share my appreciation..

HP_Cuda

Super cool, don't see engineering like that anymore.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

That is cool!
I would definitely go past my exit to ride beside it for awhile.

jimynick

In my opinion, one of the greatest engineering feats of mankind. Wow, who'd've thought to see a 4-8-4 Baldwin roaring down the rails in this day and age?! If you like trains- and really, who doesn't? check out the one they've got in the Henry Ford museum. It's so big that it had to be made as an articulated engine in order to get around the curved track sections. A real, beautiful monster you can touch.  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Dakota

That is one beautiful machine.  It must've been a thrill to ride along side it.   It's one thing to see something like that in a museum display, but quite another to see it actually running.   Based on the wikipedia info that was posted (thanks 6BBLGT), it has a top speed over 100 mph.