Main Menu

Swap meets with heavy Mopar/ E body presence.

Started by Blake@diyhemi.com, February 08, 2017, 10:10:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Blake@diyhemi.com

So what's the best swap meet that you have attended?
I have been to the Nats many times with decent results, and the only close to me (4 hour drive) swap meet is Mopars at the battleship in Mobile, AL.

Im looking to expand my horizons an experience more good part picking. What is your favorite place to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Cuda Cody

If travel is not a concern, I think you'll be hard pressed to find a better Swap Meet then Carlisle.   :alan2cents:

But with travel always being an issue, I normally go with Spring Fling in Van Buys, CA.  It's close somewhat close to me (about 30 hour drive there and back) and they mostly have solid CA rust free stuff.  I've heard Nats can be really big and lots of good deals too.

But this year I'm flying to Carlisle.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do if I find some parts I need.   :Thud:  Been thinking about buying a van to drive back.  But then that blows my Swap Meet money.   :dunno:  Wish I lived closer to Carlisle.    :pullinghair:

Cuda Cody

Carlisle Swap meet last time I went.  It rained so hard, but nobody gave up.  Then the rain lifted and it was Awesome!!!

fc7cuda

The Pate Swap meet over in north Ft Worth is quite large, but you'll need to look through alot of mixed vendors to find mopar parts.   :alan2cents:
http://www.pateswapmeet.com/

Tom

Spikedog08

I have been to a lot of swap meets and Carlisle is probably the best . . . Have had pretty good luck at the Nats as well but I think that show is going down hill  . . . I haven't gone there in the last 2 or 3 years . . . just burned out on it.  Last year I went into Canada to Mopar Fest for the first time  . . it is the week after the Nats and the same as Woodward but still was an adventure.   :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: Spikedog08 on February 09, 2017, 10:40:40 AM
I have been to a lot of swap meets and Carlisle is probably the best . . . Have had pretty good luck at the Nats as well but I think that show is going down hill  . . . I haven't gone there in the last 2 or 3 years . . . just burned out on it.  Last year I went into Canada to Mopar Fest for the first time  . . it is the week after the Nats and the same as Woodward but still was an adventure.   :bigthumb:

I know what you mean. We used to make the 15 hour drive every August to the nats. It's still a good show but has been in the decline for the last few years

1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

anlauto

Back in the 80's and 90's especially, we used to drive our cars (classic cars not our new ones) to Englishtown, NJ for the Atlantic Nationals, to Carlisle PA for their show and of course Ohio/Indy for the Mopar Nationals every year without fail.

Then I got married in 2000 and decided to cut back on the major shows....At that time there was NO DOUBT in my mind which was the better show.....

This will be my 23rd consecutive year for Carlisle.....I wouldn't miss it for the world. :worship:

I've been back to the Nats in Ohio and my level of disappointment is unmeasurable....the show is complete kaos  :bricks:

On a side note....I haven't missed a single year of Moparfest since 1987...30 years ! :veryexcited:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ec_co

I was at the Tri-State Swap meet last weekend here in Denver ..... seriously lacking in Mopar anything. one vendor had 'some' A/B/C/E body stuff, but that was about it other than a few random parts here and there, nothing cohesive. very disappointing   :thumbdown:
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

303 Mopar

Quote from: ec_co on February 10, 2017, 12:57:48 PM
I was at the Tri-State Swap meet last weekend here in Denver ..... seriously lacking in Mopar anything. one vendor had 'some' A/B/C/E body stuff, but that was about it other than a few random parts here and there, nothing cohesive. very disappointing   :thumbdown:

Don't bother looking for anything Mopar at any swap meets in Colorado, or the region for that matter.  Tony at Mopower Masters has a good selection, and there are two brothers north by you that have some stuff but they have jacked their prices up so much its ridiculous.

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: 303 Mopar on February 10, 2017, 02:46:15 PM
Quote from: ec_co on February 10, 2017, 12:57:48 PM

Don't bother looking for anything Mopar at any swap meets in Colorado, or the region for that matter.  Tony at Mopower Masters has a good selection, and there are two brothers north by you that have some stuff but they have jacked their prices up so much its ridiculous.

It's pretty much the same here in Louisiana. Mopar guys are few and far between, and parts hoarding is more popular than swap meet selling. You have to know someone and practically beg to buy parts in this region. Mobile has a growing swap meet at the battle ship every April, but it's mostly A body parts that you can find. I used to be one of the only guys selling E body stuff. [emoji19]

1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

realn96

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 08, 2017, 10:40:37 PM
If travel is not a concern, I think you'll be hard pressed to find a better Swap Meet then Carlisle.   :alan2cents:

But with travel always being an issue, I normally go with Spring Fling in Van Buys, CA.  It's close somewhat close to me (about 30 hour drive there and back) and they mostly have solid CA rust free stuff.  I've heard Nats can be really big and lots of good deals too.

But this year I'm flying to Carlisle.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do if I find some parts I need.   :Thud:  Been thinking about buying a van to drive back.  But then that blows my Swap Meet money.   :dunno:  Wish I lived closer to Carlisle.    :pullinghair:

cody I know they do it at the spring Carlisle so I would think they do it at the mopar Carlisle :thinking:, they have a boxing and shipping station there! you give them the info and part and they will take it from there ! :fingerscrossed: ship it for you as well as box it!

Crocha617

Cody
You know you're going to find parts you need....
If needed i can take home anything you buy, package it up and get it shipped out for you. I park my crew cab pu with hard lockable cover on the show field every year and always have plenty of space and it's a great place to drop parts off throughout the day. Just try not to buy any cars, engines or anything that would be ridiculous to ship.

Cuda Cody

Seriously?  That might be what I do!!!!  Has anyone seen this at the Mopar Carlisle?

Quote from: realn96 on February 13, 2017, 04:26:07 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 08, 2017, 10:40:37 PM

cody I know they do it at the spring Carlisle so I would think they do it at the mopar Carlisle :thinking:, they have a boxing and shipping station there! you give them the info and part and they will take it from there ! :fingerscrossed: ship it for you as well as box it!

Cuda Cody

@Crocha617  that is a wonderful offer.   :thankyou:  I might take you up on it.   :slapme5:

Quote from: Crocha617 on February 13, 2017, 05:09:47 PM
Cody
You know you're going to find parts you need....
If needed i can take home anything you buy, package it up and get it shipped out for you. I park my crew cab pu with hard lockable cover on the show field every year and always have plenty of space and it's a great place to drop parts off throughout the day. Just try not to buy any cars, engines or anything that would be ridiculous to ship.

realn96

Cody I just emailed Carlisle . Ill let you know as soon as  I they let me know! :popcorn: