Main Menu

That's Crazy !

Started by anlauto, February 25, 2017, 06:04:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Reading that @Cuda Cody has over 12 E Bodies on the go, got me thinking... :thinking:

Nevermind while I reflect on my past a little..... :lurking:
Sometimes I find these numbers staggering..... :takealook:

Is there any other shop/person that can match or top these numbers ? :dunno:

By the end of 2017..... :fingerscrossed:

I will have restored thirty-two (32) Ebodies... :rubeyes:

(7) 1970 Cudas

- 2 V codes 440+6
- 2 J codes 340+6
- 1 N code 383
- 2 others

(9) 1971 Cudas

- 3 V codes 440+6
- 3 H codes 340
- 1 N code 383
- 2 others

(6) 1970 Challengers

- 3 N codes 383
- 2 J codes 340+6
- 1 U code 440

(5) 1971 Challengers

- 1 V code 440+6
- 2 H code 340
- 1 N code 383
- other

(6) Factory N96 Shaker Hood cars

(5) Factory Convertibles

(3) Factory M51 Sunroof Cars

(5) 1972-74 E Bodies

Pictures
http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/PAST-RESTORATIONS.html
and
http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/CURRENT-RESTORATION.html

I guess there is a reason why I like E Bodies so much... :haha:

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

WOW!!!  You are the E-Body King!  Has anyone heard of someone that has done more E-Bodies then Alan?  We'll have to call him Little Hamtramck.   :clapping: 

Any chance you kept a photo of all the cars you have done?  I know what 12 cars look like, to do 32 of them is truly impressive!   :worship:  Do you have an all time favorite?

Desmond

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 25, 2017, 06:38:38 PM
WOW!!!  You are the E-Body King!  Has anyone heard of someone that has done more E-Bodies then Alan?  We'll have to call him Little Hamtramck.   :clapping: 

Any chance you kept a photo of all the cars you have done?  I know what 12 cars look like, to do 32 of them is truly impressive!   :worship:  Do you have an all time favorite?

Well if you click on the links I posted above there are pictures of all 32.....what I don't have in digital form is pictures of all the parts cars I went through in the early years....I had (18) 1972-74 Cudas and (7) 1972-74 Challengers that I either parted or sold (flipped) in the late 80's early 90's...I have their pictures in photo albums (old school).

My favorite was my first 1971....A 318 convertible that I cloned into a 440+6 4spd Cuda loaded with options....I regret treating it like a "show car" and not driving it more then I did. :(

The "World Famous Barrelcuda" also holds a soft spot.... :inlove:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Still waiting for someone to send me a "R" code HEMI I guess  :bigmoney:

Cuda Cody

I applaud  :clapping:  anyone who can save any of these awesome cars, but when you save a car that most other people can not, that's something special.   :bravo:  The Barrelcuda will always be one of my all time favorites.

Quote from: anlauto on February 25, 2017, 06:52:56 PM
The "World Famous Barrelcuda" also holds a soft spot.... :inlove:

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

ec_co

truly amazing #s and shows an obvious love and passion for the e-body. if I had the coin, hands down you'd be doing a /6 Barracuda too (probably be the only professionally restored /6 e-body ever ... hahaha)
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

Can't stop thinking about how many really cool E-Bodies you have put back on the road.  Truly a feat to be very proud of.  Beside Hamtramck and LA, I don't think any single place has put more E-Bodies on the road then you.   :clapping:  And I have not heard one bad word about the cars you restore.  The photos all look fantastic.   :bravo:

303 Mopar

Still hoping for one day to get a car worthy of sending you to work your magic!

turbostang7

Quote from: anlauto on February 25, 2017, 06:56:08 PM
Still waiting for someone to send me a "R" code HEMI I guess  :bigmoney:

As soon as I win the lottery you will have it!

blown motor

Hate to be picky but the numbers add up to 33 Alan. You're even more experienced than you thought.  :yes:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

Quote from: blown motor on February 26, 2017, 04:24:54 PM
Hate to be picky but the numbers add up to 33 Alan. You're even more experienced than you thought.  :yes:

Thanks I made the correction . One 1971 Cuda is actually on my website twice so if you count the cars, there is 33, but in reality only 32 different ones....

The 0ne FJ6 1971 Cuda I restored as original with a 340 4spd, then the owner sold it and I got it back to put "Street Freak" front and rear suspension along with an upgrade to a 440 for the new owner......Now I hear the guy is taking out the four speed and putting in an automatic ?

Timbbuc2

If you do what you love, You'll never work a day in your life!
Marc Anthony
Get in, I'll drive

soundcontrol

Amazing, 32 e-bodies... with my speed that would take me about....  160 years.  :)

Respect!
:worship: :worship: :worship: