Main Menu

The end of an era ..... sorry Brad.....

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, January 07, 2018, 08:00:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

Last fall on a flight out to Vegas I got into a car discussion with the guy I was sitting next to. Turned out he was a "mopar guy". Of course he had to get the lo-down on Miss NIKKI. Then the conversations turned to the cars he was working on / restoring. I told him of some of my parts cars, me selling pueces so others could live on. About a month later he stops by my shop, wanting to take a look at what I had. Well he was serious about parts! Not a tire kicker or a need to talk to the eife kind of guy. He asked for some "numbers" ... DONE!! Go figure.. he bought 2 of my chargers (that were already very picked over. And...... wait for it...... my GTX. Which really was kinda hard to part with. But the reality of her getting on the road..... well you know....     Sorry only 1 Chager pic it was to dark when the 70 was picked up

Spikedog08

All from a plane ride!  Interesting!   :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

RUNCHARGER

You can't go wrong selling those Chargers now I think. The GTX will require quite a bit of metal by the look of it, sometimes reality and budget of time sets in.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

Funny how small the world it.  Glad it worked out for both of you.  :twothumbsup:

Brads70

:('   Hopefully he sends you some updates/pictures with them being restored.

340challconvert

I also would have had a hard time letting the GTX go! :bye:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

303 Mopar

Congrats @BIGSHCLUNK!   I never have such luck on plane rides.  Usually sit next to someone who is sick, or bitchy or wants to occupy both their seat AND mine.   :Thud:

71GranCoupe

Cool story for sure. Any chance his name is Smiling Ed?  :cheers:

blown motor

Is he going to restore them or use them for parts?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

:o   now what the heck are we going to tease each other about?  :D

blown motor

I'm sure you two will come up with something. Maybe he has a Jav hiding in the back of the lot.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

jimynick

Wow, I think I just felt the earth move! Congrats to Chris and condolences to Brad as the old GTX finally changes hands!  :bye:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

BIGSHCLUNK

The Chargers will be cut up for parts. Lord knows they were pretty "parted" already. I have the feeling the GTX will be moving on to someone he knows. Funny thing is I don't even know the name of his shop. I did know the name of his payment tho....  :rofl:  Brad, I will continue to razz you just because..  :bradsthumb: