Main Menu

Runcharger?

Started by dodj, August 13, 2021, 05:35:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Haven't seen a post from runcharger in a long time. I know there were fires in the Chilliwack river valley.... Anybody hear from Sheldon recently?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Good question, hasn't been around all Summer...can't imagine he found something better to do with his time  :haha: :haha: :haha:

Hope he's not having to deal with the fires directly  :fingerscrossed:

@RUNCHARGER Sheldon, you out there ? :cool:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: dodj on August 13, 2021, 05:35:02 PM
Haven't seen a post from runcharger in a long time. I know there were fires in the Chilliwack river valley.... Anybody hear from Sheldon recently?

I have been wondering the same.

Dakota

Last post was on June 27th. 

RUNCHARGER

Thanks for the tag Alan: Sorry guys I didn 't mean to worry anyone.
I've made a conscious decision not to buy another Mopar as it doesn't make economic sense to me anymore (I'm a bottom line kind of guy and I don't see the enjoyment/usage per dollar value anymore). So, not owning a Mopar I feel like a Railbird (old racer term for a spectator not a racer) for commenting regarding the cars anymore. I still have a bunch of parts and if they don't get burnt up in the next month or so I'll likely list the smaller, shippable stuff here in several spurts to avoid it being overwhelming.
Last year I rebuilt most of the house and that continued this year and I've also decided it's a heckuva lot more fun restoring motorcycles and riding them so that's what I'm doing to keep my hands busy. The red one is a 1977 Suzuki GS750 that I love riding as it's all motorcycle without the ABS and bum heater crap. I just bought my third 1150 Suzuki, for those that aren't aware these engines are the ones that Harley couldn't beat even at twice the displacement in Pro Stock (kind of like the Chrysler Hemi, if you can't beat it, get it outlawed). This has 124HP stock which is pretty impressive for 1986. It will be restored easily by spring if we don't get burnt out as well. I'll probably buy a bunch more and restore them as well. I'll most likely buy another VMAX and I'd love to get a CBX and a couple of street 2 strokes.
We've been on fire evacuation alert for over a week now with a massive forest fire burning across the lake from us. High winds are predicted this weekend and that will blow embers over the lake and into our yard just like last weekend. So that doesn't look good right now but everything is insured and there isn't a lot we can do about it. So we'll see how it goes.
Sorry to ramble on but that's what's been happening. You're great guys on the forum and I miss you guys but after 50 years of working on Mopars it's time to move on. Peace.
Sheldon

mccannix

Sheldon...as the saying goes " if it feels good, do it ".
Dont leave us here entirely, ....keep us posted on how you are doing and more importantly,
hopefully those fires avoid you...