Main Menu

The view from afar

Started by 70/6chall, January 21, 2022, 12:40:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70/6chall

I call it the view from afar. This is a camera shot my wife took of a typical view here in SoCal as we were returning from our Sons place on our way home. We've had many days like this, this winter.
I thought how perfect SoCal snow capped mountains, palm trees and orange trees (in the foreground).
Ok, I'm going to admit this was a shot from last year, I know I can't put one over on you guys, but a lot of our days have been like this, this winter. So instead of a recent shot I'll recycle.  Thanks,   Al

usraptor

Being born and raised and living in So. Calif until I was 54, I have to admit that you can't beat the weather in So. Calif.  However, IMHO the state has deteriorated so bad in all other respects, the weather is the only thing I miss.  Glad I moved out of state when I did. 

70/6chall

I do know what your saying "Raptor" the weather here is very accommodating and mild all year long  for various life styles. I have quite a few friends and their families who have moved to other states. I still stay in touch with a few through social media. I for one is from the New England area and transplanted out here at a very young age. I am 74 years old now and will no doubt stay firmly planted where I am. My best to my friends and anyone else who have decided to make the move elsewhere. Everyone grows where they are planted, in some cases. Thanks,   Al

HP2

Winternationals coming up  in February!

usraptor

70 / 6chall, I'm also 74 (Sept '47).  Every morning this past the week the outside temp has been just about 10 degrees.   :o It only gets to the high 30s or low 40 by mid day.  Right now I wish I had stayed in Calif.   :yes:   :)) 'Course come Spring I'll be glad to be here.  Just have to endure.  :bigthumb: