Main Menu

The West Coast needs it's own Carlisle

Started by Topcat, January 29, 2017, 12:11:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Back in the  late 80's to early 90's there used to be some really good Mopar shows in N. CA.

What made them so good as well was their locations.
2 of them I recall were excellent places.

Mopars at the Beach did shows right near the beaches of Santa Cruz then later on, Monterey.

There was also Power in the Pines up in the Gold Country.

Just wishing we could revive days like that again here in Nor Cal. 

Cuda Cody

J-Code Jeni

We have Spring & Fall Fling in Van Nuys and then, a bunch of 'smalls' sprinkled about but, it's a gap.  :iagree: Given the distance between NorCal & Carlisle, I bet a big NorCal show/swap wouldn't impact Carlisle turnover whatsoever. 

To hear you talk about the old NorCal shows @Topcat  makes me wish we got into e-bodies sooner...sorry we missed that opportunity & experience. :( 

anlauto

Well rent yourself a park or dragstrip and get to it ! :stayinlane:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

autoxcuda

Could power in the pines and Santa Cruz locations hold a very big show and swap??

I went to the Santa Cruz show in 1991 and it was like 150-200 not a real big swap.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Topcat

I e-mailed the guy in charge of Mopars at the beach and asked if he plans to do it again.

HP_Cuda

I say we get a bunch of mopar folks together and take over the Saratoga Car show.

That could be fun! No real swap meet but at least it's a pretty cool venue.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Topcat

Here was his reply:

My wife and I will not be organizing anymore shows for Mopars by the The Bay. We found it to hard for the 2 of us to put on this show.
Thanks for your concern.

Cuda Cody

It's take a small army to put a good show on.   :yes:

headejm

RzeroB

Isn't there Mopars At The Strip (MATS) in Vegas??
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

RzeroB

Wait! It just came to me ... Mopars at the "Taj-Moparhall" in Brush Prairie Washington!

You didn't think Cody and Jen built that incredible facility just for themselves did you?

Alright, it's set then. All that has to be done is to set a date. Who's in?
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Cuda Cody

:rofl:     :foul:

Quote from: RzeroB on January 29, 2017, 10:48:13 AM
Wait! It just came to me ... Mopars at the "Taj-Moparhall" in Brush Prairie Washington!

You didn't think Cody and Jen built that incredible facility just for themselves did you?

Alright, it's set then. All that has to be done is to set a date. Who's in?

Spikedog08

Quote from: RzeroB on January 29, 2017, 10:41:16 AM
Isn't there Mopars At The Strip (MATS) in Vegas??

That is no longer a all MOPAR show . . . Kind of ruined it IMO .  .  :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  It kinda sounds like any other show now.

So what are the biggest Mopar Shows?  Carlisle, Spring Fling and Nationals are the only multi-day Mopar events, right?