Main Menu

Thinking of trading my 2010

Started by purple1, January 07, 2019, 05:24:36 AM

Previous topic Next topic

purple1

I'm going to look at a 2018 or 2019 Challenger on Wednesday. Thinking of trading my 2010 for a new one. My arthritis is getting worse and the clutch is not helping any, so I'm looking at a new one with the 8 speed auto. I'll let you know if it works out. Everything depends on what they want to give me for the trade in.  :thinking: 

Dave

Worlds first e-body trailer. Severna Park, Maryland

Bullitt-

Good luck with that  :cheers:
You know I'm tired of shifting but when I realized what the upcharge would be decided to keep the 13 n add a Ram for about the same  :bigmoney:
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

purple1

Quote from: Bullitt- on January 07, 2019, 05:42:37 AM
Good luck with that  :cheers:
You know I'm tired of shifting but when I realized what the upcharge would be decided to keep the 13 n add a Ram for about the same  :bigmoney:

Wade, I'm getting to the point where I can't even drive it. Some days my legs hurt so bad I don't even think of shifting that thing. I let it sit so long the battery was dead. Luckily it charged back up fine. This is the main reason I'm even considering a trade in. I spent the whole day yesterday cleaning it up and today I am paying for that with aches and pains all over. If they can keep the payments about the same I'm going for it.

Dave

js27

I feel you pain. I haven't owned a stick for 20 years because of bad Sciatic pain in my left leg. Do it if you can-why pay for something you can no longer enjoy.
Getting old SUCKS.
JS27

kawahonda

I came close to buying a new one, but decided on an old one instead.

The biggest problem I had is due to my pickyness and height. R/Ts were not like the R/Ts of the past...these days the R/Ts are just the base V8 model (akin to the "318" challengers). So I wanted something more special--the 392. Used Scat Packs go for a tremendous amount...more than the SRTs. So I was looking for a good used manual SRT (plus you get the softer suspension setting if you buy post 2012 SRT), but I had one big problem: It couldn't have the sunroof because the stupid bezel rubs against my hair. The vast majority of SRTs have the sunroof. After months and months of looking/searching, I settled on an old one and haven't looked back since!

Cool cars though, but in some ways I'd rather have the Charger SRT or a Chrysler 300 SRT. Just as fast/capable and they're not trying to be something else. Surprised also that the modern challengers are smaller inside and bigger on the outside in every way (weight/length/width) than the classic ones.

Nice to have that reliability, safety though. :)

I had a blast driving a 2017 Charger R/T in northern California last year. The seats seemed nice, but for some strange reason I could never get them adjusted properly and suffered back-aches every 10 minutes.

Looking out the rear-view mirror when you're inside of a modern charger definitely reminds you of the classic ones, even though from the outside they look way different. Give the charger a test drive for the hell of it if you're going to make the change.

Nice thing about the new ones is you'll git rid of the phony ram logo that's on the front and on the steering wheel. Always thought it didn't belong.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

purple1

Quote from: kawahonda on January 07, 2019, 11:59:44 AM
Give the charger a test drive for the hell of it if you're going to make the change.

I can drive my wife's 2015 Charger almost everyday if I want. So I know the new Chargers are nice. But they all have 4 doors now. Unlike the older Chargers. I have had a 71 Charger, 2 74's, a 75 (looked like a Cordoba) and lets not even mention those front wheel drive things they called Chargers at one time. Had one of them too.

Don't get me wrong here, I love my 2010 R/T Challenger. I'm just not loving the six speed manual that much anymore.

Dave

kawahonda

FWIW, used R/Ts are very good buys. Close to 50% off...that's about as good as it gets for resale. Auto trans would be easy to find.

Most people tend to like the interior update of 2014+. Personally, I'm very mixed on it. I love the asymmetrical center console design (more akin to the classic ones) but the bubbly dash I can't get over and I think it will look bad in the distant future. It seems i'm in the minority on that one though. Time will tell. :)

You'd love the 8-speed auto from what I've been hearing. I think the 8-speed was introduced in 2015 and on-wards.

1970 Dodge Challenger A66

purple1

It's all going to depend on what kind of deal they want to make for me. Like the title of the thread says - I'm thinking about it. But I do have an appointment set for Wednesday evening so stay tuned.  :thinking:

Dave

MEK-Dangerous

Dave,

The A8 tranny in these cars is great, as you know from driving your wife's car.

I wish you luck here. What trim level are you going to look at? I was toying with the idea of upgrading, but honestly, I love "Barney" too much.

purple1

Mike, I am looking at another R/T. Tate has a black 2018 I want to look at. I looked online at the 2019's. That front spoiler looks funny. I didn't like that at all. I guess it could be blacked out but that yellow on each end is just annoying.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dave

Bullitt-

isn't the yellow on the air dam removable shipping protection?  Seems I read something that some folks are leaving it on to be cool or don't know to take it off.....
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

1ownr

:iagree: those yellow protectors are for protection in shipping.  We have an A8 and it's great, paddle shifters if you want to play.

judy

7212Mopar

The new Challenger is powerful and comfortable. Problem is it is too heavy. Really bad blind spot on the right. Weekend car ok but I would not drive it on a daily basis in commute traffic. My 2012 got around 26000 miles so far.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket