Main Menu

This is the dumbest "trend" out right now

Started by Poolshark314, April 04, 2021, 05:40:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

jimynick

Quote from: blown motor on April 05, 2021, 06:37:33 AM
This will continue because a few have gotten away with it and that will enbraven (is that a word?) others. If they want to stop it the need need to make arrests, impound the car until after trial and upon a guilty verdict crush the cars.
What the hell? That 2 week isolation starting to wear on ya buddy? Arrests, impounding, crushing? why stop there, let's go full school Gestapo and round up their families and off with them to a nice "re-education centre" in Mitchell. Imagine that happening to Black Betty, just because you were laying rubber.   :rolleyes:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Poolshark314

1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

blown motor

Quote from: jimynick on April 05, 2021, 06:43:59 PM
This will continue because a few have gotten away with it and that will enbraven (is that a word?) others. If they want to stop it the need need to make arrests, impound the car until after trial and upon a guilty verdict crush the cars.
What the hell? That 2 week isolation starting to wear on ya buddy? Arrests, impounding, crushing? why stop there, let's go full school Gestapo and round up their families and off with them to a nice "re-education centre" in Mitchell. Imagine that happening to Black Betty, just because you were laying rubber.   :rolleyes:

I'm not talking about crushing cars for doing a burnout. Blocking a freeway or street is a whole different thing. We all did burnouts and a little racing back in the day but we did it in an inert place where the only people that might get hurt were ourselves and it didn't interfere with anyone else. If you're going to stop this activity you need to make the penalty so severe that that it never starts.  :alan2cents:

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

70 Top Banana

That happened in Detroit. A couple Detroit citizens stole a 2020 Hellcat red eye. It happened to be owned by a friend of mine. They got it out on 1-75 and started doing donuts. Hit another car and shot over into a bridge abutment. Then the one that was not hurt, took off. They caught the driver and sent the car to a police impound lot. I knew the owner of the car and tried to chase down the car to buy it since he did not want it. The car had less than 2000 miles on it. I wanted the drivetrain and accompanying parts. That car disappeared faster than a twinkie at a Weight Watchers meeting!

torredcuda

Quote from: blown motor on April 06, 2021, 10:43:02 AM
Quote from: jimynick on April 05, 2021, 06:43:59 PM

I'm not talking about crushing cars for doing a burnout. Blocking a freeway or street is a whole different thing. We all did burnouts and a little racing back in the day but we did it in an inert place where the only people that might get hurt were ourselves and it didn't interfere with anyone else. If you're going to stop this activity you need to make the penalty so severe that that it never starts.  :alan2cents:

Ya I get it but that`s a slippery slope, you get one overzealous cop and a judge who doesn`t understand the difference between doing a quick rip in a safe area to street racing on a crowded road and you`ve lost your car.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/