Main Menu

Time to kick Back

Started by Timbbuc2, October 07, 2017, 05:03:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Timbbuc2

As some of you know I was working off shore and had a chance to come back to rhe states as a plant manager 2 hours from my home. Well that lasted alittle over 6 months. Well turns out I was #4 plant manager in the past 5 years. It is a small operation making woven tape for the bed industry. 34 employees perfect, I planned on retireing there.  Well that didnt work out.  President of the company wanted more than was possible, bottom line he had no idea of what it took to run  a plant. Well I did but he did not want to hear it. I have been doing this over 40 years and I know what it takes. This company is living in the 50's and i was trying to bring it at least to the 90's. So he and I parted ways, I wanted to retire there not die there from a heart attack.  SO now i have more time to work on my challenger.
Get in, I'll drive

Dakota

:bradsthumb:

I just went to my 40th high school reunion (my first).    Very sad to see how many of my classmates have passed away - a strong reminder that life on earth is short.   I applaud your choice.

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Dakota on October 07, 2017, 05:30:22 PM
:bradsthumb:

I just went to my 40th high school reunion (my first).    Very sad to see how many of my classmates have passed away - a strong reminder that life on earth is short.   I applaud your choice.
This year will be my 42 reuion. More to life than money. Even thought I am restoring my 70 Challenger lol
Get in, I'll drive

RUNCHARGER

I was a Train Dispatcher and Yardmaster for 30 years. It was good money but high stress. I left that at 50 and I'm sure it has added years on my life. Since then I drove Truck and ran a low stress business and it's nice not trying to keep $10 million dollars of assets moving efficiently every day. I am working temporarily again until spring but it's nice to have every day a calm day.
Sheldon

redgum78

:twothumbsup: Well done!

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on October 07, 2017, 05:03:12 PM
As some of you know I was working off shore and had a chance to come back to rhe states as a plant manager 2 hours from my home. Well that lasted alittle over 6 months. Well turns out I was #4 plant manager in the past 5 years. It is a small operation making woven tape for the bed industry. 34 employees perfect, I planned on retireing there.  Well that didnt work out.  President of the company wanted more than was possible, bottom line he had no idea of what it took to run  a plant. Well I did but he did not want to hear it. I have been doing this over 40 years and I know what it takes. This company is living in the 50's and i was trying to bring it at least to the 90's. So he and I parted ways, I wanted to retire there not die there from a heart attack.  SO now i have more time to work on my challenger.

Cudakiller70

Can relate to this. In a few months when the stress finally goes away, you'll be amazed at how much better you'll look and feel. Good move! To me it's enjoying the little things day to day.  :bigthumb:

Cuda Cody

You have a great way of looking at things. 

Chryco Psycho

I have been out of school for 40 years now too , did not attend my reunion as I had no friends in school . time passes fast .
Money is a score card of how well you have done i guess  :notsure: but there is so much more to life , as many of you know I was financially wiped out for the 5th time last year , BUt I live in Paradise & I am healthy , I have a permanent grin & never remember being this happy , to heck with $$ 
Most people are unwilling to let go of what they have to get what they want . I will not be a sheep !

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on October 07, 2017, 05:03:12 PM
I feel sorry for the next guy, his wife will be working there also. Why do some people enjoy screwing with peoples lije? Is a power thing, I am the boss!!!?  Never been fired from a job and this was not going to be the first. Its been a week and I already feel better.
Get in, I'll drive

RusTy/SE

Glad things are going your way. 

JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

340challconvert

I have always felt that it is best to take things in stride. Self-induced stress can be very damaging to physical well being.

Worked in a career for over 40 years, lost my job along with my direct boss shortly after a new CEO came into power. This was at a time a few years back when the economy was in poor shape.

I think things sometimes happen for a reason; at age 60+ I was able to survive by collecting social security and a pension that I put money into all that time.

I then became the general caretaker for two older senior family members intermittently (going to doctors, learning about medication administrations etc) something prior I would not have been able to do because of time constraints.

I was also able to finally start working on my Challenger, that sat in storage since 1984. A side benefit to finally having more time to do somethings I love to do.

I hope everyone is well and enjoying the successes that they have experienced during their working career! Those are the things to always remember.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

70/6chall

Yeh guys ! I believe that I can relate to STRESS on the job and in life in general. After returning from overseas, I stayed with the US govt. in the form of the US Postal Service. I worked in a large process center in San Bernardino Ca." Stress" related to getting all the mail out on time daily. Timed dispatches and daily mail volume, push,push,push. The good, was the pay and the benefits under the Civil Service umbrella. I reached my vested time in 2015 so with 41 years and being 68 years old I decided to call it quits. With Social Security and my full Civil Service Retirement, which pays for mine and my wife's full medical coverage. By 2010 life gave me 3 heart attacks, I lost both my parents and 2 brothers and gave me type 2 Diabetes, other than that, at 70 years old, I look younger than my 70 years, flexible and capable. Last week myself, 2 brothers and 1 sister won a real estate court case against my 1 other sister, who tried to quit claim the parental home. She's married lives in Wisconsin, and was going to rent the property out to get the rent money. Our attorney and the court, after a year, found her to be fraudulent in her actions, and she was in contempt by not showing up. My parents recorded a will, but she hid it from us, and said there wasn't one. Besides the will wasn't signed by my parents. She has also been disinherited by the court in(Orange County Ca.). Even tho the property went into probate, our attorney recorded the property so that we wouldn't have to pay probate fees or court costs (saves money here). The property and home is a couple of miles from the ocean in Huntington Beach Ca.(where I grew up). We will sell the parental home, which will sell quickly due to location, location, location. My 2 brothers and I and our 1 sister will split $700,00. We ran comps for the area. $43,000. will go to the attorney. He did fight hard for us.    Thanks,   Al

70/6chall

Excuse me gang, talk about old age and senior moments. My parents property will sell at $700,000. Not the $700,00. I typed. Duh!     Thanks,   Al

Timbbuc2

Quote from: 70/6chall on December 16, 2017, 02:35:01 PM
Yeh guys ! I believe that I can relate to STRESS on the job and in life in general. After returning from overseas, I stayed with the US govt. in the form of the US Postal Service. I worked in a large process center in San Bernardino Ca." Stress" related to getting all the mail out on time daily. Timed dispatches and daily mail volume, push,push,push. The good, was the pay and the benefits under the Civil Service umbrella. I reached my vested time in 2015 so with 41 years and being 68 years old I decided to call it quits. With Social Security and my full Civil Service Retirement, which pays for mine and my wife's full medical coverage. By 2010 life gave me 3 heart attacks, I lost both my parents and 2 brothers and gave me type 2 Diabetes, other than that, at 70 years old, I look younger than my 70 years, flexible and capable. Last week myself, 2 brothers and 1 sister won a real estate court case against my 1 other sister, who tried to quit claim the parental home. She's married lives in Wisconsin, and was going to rent the property out to get the rent money. Our attorney and the court, after a year, found her to be fraudulent in her actions, and she was in contempt by not showing up. My parents recorded a will, but she hid it from us, and said there wasn't one. Besides the will wasn't signed by my parents. She has also been disinherited by the court in(Orange County Ca.). Even tho the property went into probate, our attorney recorded the property so that we wouldn't have to pay probate fees or court costs (saves money here). The property and home is a couple of miles from the ocean in Huntington Beach Ca.(where I grew up). We will sell the parental home, which will sell quickly due to location, location, location. My 2 brothers and I and our 1 sister will split $700,00. We ran comps for the area. $43,000. will go to the attorney. He did fight hard for us.    Thanks,   Al
Sorry to hear about that sort of things from family members. My mom pasted away 2 years ago and she made my sister and I to promise not to fight over anything she left to us. So in the end there was no harse words or hard feelings between us. But liquidating the estate I dont wish on anyone. One full week of a estate sale, it was tough. At least it is over. Real estate values in that part of Va. is very low.
Get in, I'll drive