Main Menu

Too much purple ?

Started by anlauto, July 10, 2020, 05:14:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

This week I dropped a 71 Challenger RT off at my mechanic's shop for a front end alignment and a safety, etc....low a behold another one showed up...

Now this is a regular NAPA Auto Care center, so for these two classics to show up and the same time was an odd sight....so much so, he posted this picture on his Facebook page :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

cudamadd

cudamadd

What are the oddes they look good  like a photo back in time

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Never too much Purple , no other company used it !

RUNCHARGER

Ford copied it for their pickups in the 90's, I also remember GM building pink and purple pickups around the 71 timeframe. Really there is only one plum crazy on a musclecar though!
Sheldon

anlauto

I have to admit, I'm getting a little tired of FC7. I've restored nine original FC7 cars including three 1971 Challengers....The next car I have coming into my shop is a 1971 FC7 Cuda.... :'(  that will make an even ten.... 20% of the cars I've restored

Oddly enough....I've never done a factory original FY1 yellow car  :thinking:  you'd think that would be more popular

The purple 71 Challenger on the hoist marks my 50th car I've restored.... :drunk: I need a break :haha:

http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/PAST-RESTORATIONS.html
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

After blocking this one too many times and fighting to get the Centari single stage to lay down right I vowed never to own another PCP car. Time heals all wounds though and I would consider one again. PCP looks great on Dusters and 71 Chargers too.
Sheldon

anlauto

Thankfully I have to get all the body and paint work credit to my guys that do it for me. I've never shared in the same wonderful experiences others have had Sheldon  :drinkingbud: :haha:

headejm

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 12, 2020, 08:02:47 AM
After blocking this one too many times and fighting to get the Centari single stage to lay down right I vowed never to own another PCP car. Time heals all wounds though and I would consider one again. PCP looks great on Dusters and 71 Chargers too.

One of my favorite cars is a 1970 Dart in FC7 with a black vinyl top.  :ohyeah:

Chryco Psycho

When I bought my car I specifically looked for a FC7 4 spd car  :inlove:

Mr Lee

Congrats on your 50th car!  That's quite a milestone.

I heard that Purple was the most popular color in '70 right?   
Funny, I just brought my car to get an alignment and when I got there, there was a purple '70 cuda on the rack.  V code, 4 speed, white leather, overhead console, power windows.  Was told it had 30k original miles.  Formerly a drag car.  Sounded awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

RUNCHARGER

This is crazy, It's like the old days.
Sheldon

JS29

1970 Challenger, most popular color was FC7. 1970 Barracuda, most popular color was FE5 Red.  :alan2cents: