Main Menu

Toronto International Auto Show !

Started by anlauto, February 24, 2023, 07:10:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jimynick

I was there Tuesday and saw that. Your work Alan? Nice job, I looked it over and it's better than anything put out by the factory!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

anlauto

Quote from: jimynick on February 24, 2023, 08:08:10 PM
I was there Tuesday and saw that. Your work Alan? Nice job, I looked it over and it's better than anything put out by the factory!  :bigthumb:

Yup, believe it or not...I did that car 13 years ago, here it is March 2010 ....the owner eventually traded it in at Legendary, and that's why they're displaying it....no mention of my name though :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Jay Bee

Quote from: anlauto on February 25, 2023, 05:58:14 AM
....no mention of my name though
Nothing burns my ass more than people not giving credit where credit is due.  Awesome job on the car Alan.

jimynick

Don't expect much from Peter "Klutz" Alan. I met the guy regarding business like 15 or so years ago and he was an egotistical arschlock then.  :yes:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

anlauto

Quote from: jimynick on February 25, 2023, 06:42:39 PM
Don't expect much from Peter "Klutz" Alan. I met the guy regarding business like 15 or so years ago and he was an egotistical arschlock then.  :yes:

I've known Peter since the early 90's, he's actually bought cars from me, and just last year he offered me a management job there at his shop..but description of him is pretty accurate... :haha:

YYZ

The car had good options, but I love the way that it has 'grown' a few more that have been somehow legitimized

Body side moulding became stripes

Standard dash became rallye

AM/single speaker became AM/FM 3-speaker

Wood grain wheel became rim blow

All great add-ons, but not part of the as-delivered configuration 

anlauto

Yea, I'm doing the same thing with his purple Demon I'm restoring right now...for his son of course ;)