Main Menu

Turkey and Covid?

Started by torredcuda, December 04, 2021, 04:10:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

torredcuda

So Thanksgiving day our 7 yr old son wakes up and says he has a headache, seemed fine after waking up a bit so didn`t think much of it but again Friday didn`t feel good and ended up on the couch most of the day and Saturday as well. By Sunday morning he was feeling better but we got an at home test kit and it showed positive - not sure how accurate these home tests are though? I also didn`t feel great Friday with a bad headache but for me that is normal as I get them pretty frequently due to back issues but I was still feeling sick Sunday when I usually recover in 24 hours, my test came out negative. My wife then started feeling sick by Monday and both of us still don`t feel well - achy, chills, headache, fatigue etc. Niether one of us has any temperature but our kid had a slight one of + 1 - 1 1/2 degree. I tried to schedule a drive up test but that proved futile and last time my wife got one it took her 3 hours and going to two different places to finally get a test.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Bullitt-

Sorry y'all are ailing.  May or may not be covid.  My sweetheart had a cold a few weeks ago that took a week or better. Never ran a high fever but had to get meds when it caused a bronchial flair up.
  Any signs of breathing difficulty I'd get to the Dr asap.....  :alan2cents:

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

70 Challenger Lover

Right before I retired, I was working in a jail environment and we decided to test the entire inmate population. Eighty inmates tested positive yet not one of them had a single symptom and felt fine. Additionally, all employees had access to the tests. In the beginning, false positives were extremely common. Second tests days later came back negative in almost all cases. People throughout the county who died of old age in their sleep, in car accidents, suicides and drug overdoses were tested and if they tested positive (which many do when the tests are overly sensitive) they are put down as a Covid related death.

I retired shortly thereafter but I was left with the sentiment that the tests were far too sensitive and not reliable and therefore the statistics are not reliable.

I noticed at the onset of this situation that if you were left leaning, you got tested weekly and false positives tests gave the impression that the virus was spreading like wildfire. Right leaning people did not get tested and since they didn't know if they had it, they therefore developed a different view of the disease.

I think this whole mess has gotten out of hand and people are seeing what they expect to see. If you are a democrat, you wear the mask, get vaccinated and still worry. You have close friends and relatives who have died of Covid. You hear stories daily of masses of people dying left and right. If you are a conservative, you don't wear the mask or get vaccinated and you don't know a single person personally who has died from it.

While I hate politics in general, one cannot deny that this matter is deeply divided now by politics which is my clue to not take any of it seriously anymore. It's going to become one of those hot button topics like abortion or gun control where the two sides forever remain bitterly divided.

All that being said, I hope you and your family are feeling better very soon.

torredcuda

Ya, I don`t have much faith in the tests or the statistics. My wife was sick earlier this year and had to get tested to return to work, she got both a rapid and PCR test done, both were negative but Dr still diagnosed her with Covid because of her symptoms which we know can be pretty much anything.  ::) At this point I don`t care what it is and going to continue to live normally. BTW my wife son and I are all  unvaccinated and have no plans to become  guinea pigs anytime soon if ever.

cuda hunter

The tests have shown to be between 30% and 50% accurate. 
If I ran my business by percentage rates like that I would have been out of business in my first year. 
If planes had failure rates like that no one would fly.
If a Mcdonalds burger didn't show up in the window at that rate, I would never go back to mcdonalds.

Why, oh why are we the American people putting up with this. 

At 30-50% incorrect rates, that means that very possibly, the 777000 people who have died from "covid" would be more in the 540K -385K amount of deaths. 
As it is, with 777000 people who have died in America from "covid" the percentage rate of death in the nation is is .235%.    I wish I could make that point larger,  .235 %
That makes the death rate per person even lower than what we were told in the beginning.  .087% chances of dying.
Sure, Covid was pretty bad, Delta wasn't near as bad with less people dying but just as many hospitalized.  This new Omivariant aka XIvariant isn't killing anyone.  Hell, they closed south africa over 4 cases.  Yes, 4.  8 countries closed for travel because of 4 people who have had the variant, of which none have died or shown heavy symptoms to.   

Glad to hear that you are feeling better @torredcuda .  Glad that yal were not one of the statistics. 
Gotta love being an American!!   
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Isn't one death, one too many  :andyangel:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

NO.

One death is not enough to shut down a society. 

Even if it were mine or my immediate. 

I've lost 2 family members to covid.  3 family members to Blood clots for unknown reason's suddenly after vaxxing.  5 known friends who are not family members who all have died of blood clots and complications.  Guess how many of those 5 were vaxxed.  Interestingly enough, 1 of the 3 and 4 of the 5 were all agriculture professionals in one way or the other.  Probably no connection there, but ag folks do deal with chemicals that no one else in society deal with. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

A week before Thanksgiving I was exposed to two sub-contractors that had covid (again).  They didn't know it that day. They worked about 5 hours along side of me.
Basically the one guy who picked it up somewhere, shut down his boss's business for just about 2 weeks.  Cost the owner a ton of money.  Then every person at that business was off work. Something like 15 people.

I do find it amazing how fast most viral infection spreads. 

torredcuda

Quote from: anlauto on December 04, 2021, 07:20:54 AM
Isn't one death, one too many  :andyangel:

Yes, but do we shut down everything every year when the flu hits or thousands of other things that kill people - NO, we don`t. Almost two years into this has only proven no matter what we have done it hasn`t stopped or really even slowed it down much, shutdowns, masks, vaccines etc. yet recent record highs in number of cases.

JS29

@cuda hunter   Remember the lefty's motto, Never let a crises go to waste!!!   :headbang:

torredcuda

Quote from: cuda hunter on December 04, 2021, 08:09:50 AM
NO.

I've lost 2 family members to covid.  3 family members to Blood clots for unknown reason's suddenly after vaxxing.  5 known friends who are not family members who all have died of blood clots and complications.  Guess how many of those 5 were vaxxed.  Interestingly enough, 1 of the 3 and 4 of the 5 were all agriculture professionals in one way or the other.  Probably no connection there, but ag folks do deal with chemicals that no one else in society deal with. 

I only personally know one person who has died from this pandemic and it was from the vaccine, not covid. My wife`s aunt had a stroke within 24 hours of getting the J & J shot and died a week later never regaining consciousness, nothing in her health history would have been a concern of this.

cuda hunter

Quote from: torredcuda on December 04, 2021, 08:31:14 AM
Quote from: cuda hunter on December 04, 2021, 08:09:50 AM
NO.

I only personally know one person who has died from this pandemic and it was from the vaccine, not covid. My wife`s aunt had a stroke within 24 hours of getting the J & J shot and died a week later never regaining consciousness, nothing in her health history would have been a concern of this.

That's a perfectly fine reason to not get this vaccine. 
We don't need religious exemptions or health reason's any more than we need our own educated personal decisions. 

MKA

I really appreciate that this board is mostly void of politics.  I hate all politicians.  It is unfortunate that there appears to be no center anymore.

The science, which is not always right, says you should get vaccinated and it saves lives and money.  That science is backed by research, statistics and not politicians.  If your getting your science from your neighbor, your own observations, Facebook or this board,  I wish you luck.   Statistically speaking you will probably be fine, but if a part has a 5 percent failure rate vs a 10 percent failure rate, and measurable observation (science) backs that I know where I'm going, I'm not a doctor and I wouldn't pretend to be. 

I do work for a global insurance company, full disclosure.   Our claims rates historically are roughly 80 cents on the dollar.  Since COVID they are running 90 to 95 cents on the dollar.   People are dying of COVID.  Is it everyone?  No it's a small percentage, but it is statistically significant and observable.   My bonus which is personally observable will reflect the statistics in a manner that is measurable   :crying:

The blood clotting is a problem, but statistically speaking extremely rare and mostly limited to particular vaccines, astrozeneca, JJ, Chinese made vaccines.   As with many things, in those rare cases, it's not the vaccine, it's the combination of the vaccine with some other underlying health problem which by the way that health problem plus COVID does mean a much higher death rate.   Most people who are old or immune compromised should definitely get the vaccine. Science.  Statistics.   My bonus.  All agree.   

We, in the United States, Canada, Europe are lucky and whether you recognize it or not wealthy.   You can walk around the corner and get a jab today if you want.  Most of the world cannot do that or are getting a Chinese made vaccine (good luck with that).   Buy American.   Follow the science not your politician

Getting my booster shot today.   Really not looking forward to it, I had a bad reaction off the second shot and was knocked silly for 2 days with shivers.    So be it, I want to go to holiday parties and the like and know I have done what is reasonable and responsible. 

Finally, I absolutely agree, we all need to get back to our lives.  We are all renting after all and the clock is ticking. We own nothing as we will die someday and pass it on.   Such is life, enjoy it while you can.   

I am so sick of all things COVID.

dodj

Quote from: JS29 on December 04, 2021, 08:25:20 AM
Remember the lefty's motto, Never let a crises go to waste!!!   :headbang:
If you're being honest here...That's ANY politicians motto, left, right, or centre. 

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Quote from: MKA on December 04, 2021, 09:51:49 AM
I am so sick of all things COVID.

Ahhhh.....something we can ALL agree on  :grouphug:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration