Main Menu

Under hood LED light recommendations

Started by Topcat, August 07, 2020, 06:10:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Let's face it.

We are all going to be bent over, under the hood.

What's a good, under hood grab on the sides LED bar hanging light?

I want a good one that's not at Snap On pricing.
I bought Snap On stuff when I worked on cars all the time. That's not now. 

7212Mopar

The problem of the big light mounted above you head is that they create shadow when you head, body or hand is in the way. I am using the rechargeable LED light adjustable angle and magnet base. You can put it exactly where you need the light. Easy for the old eyes. I picked it up from HF when it was on sale 
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

YellowThumper

Made my own recently.
Strip lighting from home depot. Stapled (carefully) to a 1/2" x 1" x ??? board. Used some towels and weak pressure plastic spring clamps.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Faustoryld

Agree that a LED magnet light is convenient when you're working under the car's hood. There is a real possibility to direct the light to the desired point. I have been using it for three years now. I remember this day well because I also got a Vont color changing light bulb then. I used one of these in the rest area of my house. My friend followed my example and bought a VANDER Super Bright New 36 + 5 LED flexible Flashlights for his car. This model is even better than mine. Maybe I will buy one, too.

Cudajason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.