Main Menu

Upcoming 2017 Mopar Mile High Nationals, Golden CO

Started by kent_goins, July 18, 2017, 09:56:15 AM

Previous topic Next topic

kent_goins

Just a heads up to folks...This Thursday (July 20) is the Mopar Mile High National pre-race block party in Golden, Co. It is always a great time with excellent bands. The downtown is blocked off and dedicated to all things Mopar. The new model year vehicles and concept cars from Chrysler are brought in by RELIABLE transports and lined up  at the top end of washington street while the old classics are along the lower half of downtown washington street. It is quite the event. I posted a link below. The top fuel qualifying starts on Friday and racing finishes on Sunday. I will be there.

https://blog.mopar.com/event/16th-annual-mopar-mile-high-block-party/

KG

303 Mopar

I'm going to the races Friday night and will try to make the block party.  I can't wait to see the Demon in person!   :banana:

ec_co

I'm going to try to make the Thursday event. I just happened to have taken Thur/Fri off for our 16th wedding anniversary (Fri). not in the budget this time to do the actual event though (just had to fix my daily driver and truck both  :headbang: )
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

1 Wild R/T

Well work hasn't taken me to Golden in awhile, it someones going & wants a good Hotel recommendation I suggest the Table Mountain Inn..... Nice place with balconies overlooking the main drag, really good Mexican restaurant attached with a very good bar.... Pizza across the street.....  Italian less than a block away....

70/6chall

Would love to make the MOPAR show  in Golden Co., but, that won't happen. However The end of Oct. of this year will bring to the SoCal area the all inclusive "Fall Fling", a 1 day event (unlike the "Spring Fling" which is a 2 day event)  at Woodley Park in Van Nuys Ca. I am truley antisapating this one. :) Oh! By the way congrats Cole on your 16th Wedding Anniversary, my friend.   Thanks,   Al

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on July 18, 2017, 12:55:31 PM
Well work hasn't taken me to Golden in awhile, it someones going & wants a good Hotel recommendation I suggest the Table Mountain Inn..... Nice place with balconies overlooking the main drag, really good Mexican restaurant attached with a very good bar.... Pizza across the street.....  Italian less than a block away....

Stayed at Table Mountain Inn last Nov , great place , only problem I had is I got lost walking thru the hotel hallways every single time trying to get to the room ,all the additions over the years had me ending up somewhere different.. I second about the hotel restaurant and the pizza across the street.!!

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 73440 on July 18, 2017, 06:08:04 PM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on July 18, 2017, 12:55:31 PM

Stayed at Table Mountain Inn last Nov , great place , only problem I had is I got lost walking thru the hotel hallways every single time trying to get to the room ,all the additions over the years had me ending up somewhere different.. I second about the hotel restaurant and the pizza across the street.!!

My company has a satellite office at the Coors facility, about ten years ago one of our techs moved from St Paul to Denver... Smart man I love the area... But now the only time I get to Golden is when he's on vacation & Coors needs something.... :('

kent_goins

Sounds like a few members are quite familiar with Table Mountain Inn and Woody's Pizza :yes: Saw the Reliable Transport trucks roll into Golden yesterday...They are early! Was having a drink at Table Mountain Inn and saw them roll down Washington street. Some Hellcats were parked in the parking lot behind the old FOSS store so I pulled my Chevy GEO METRO right in close next to one just for contrast.

1 Wild R/T

FOSS was awesome, spent a few hours looking at stuff there.... You live in the area? 

kent_goins

Yes I live 1 block from downtown Golden...easy walk to all activities. I have decided to drive the red 68 Charger with white top to the pre race party...will be there parked on one of the west side streets if they don't let me put it in the show on Washington.

303 Mopar

When you get caught lookin

And her boyfriend is gonna bust u up

But you talk your way into gettin a pic with her anyway

303 Mopar

When you want to go watch the races but you can't get him off the zero-turn

kent_goins

WOW...Like the rear end on that one...Of course I'm talking about the car ;)

Cuda Cody

303 Mopar