Main Menu

Vintage dealership signs?

Started by Brads70, January 16, 2017, 06:46:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

I was thinking it would be cool to get some vintage or repop vintage looking light up signage for garage art ? I guess they are pretty rare and go for some serious money? Anyone know where to look? Post up some links if you find something on craigslist or something?

Cuda Cody

This one has been for sale for a bit.  Maybe he'll work with you on price.   :))

[ebay]301762580159[/ebay]

Brads70

:whiteflag:   Wow that's insane!  We had a local Chrysler dealership here that was torn down. It had a service sign with the Chrysler penestar  on it. I meant to go get it before it was demoed but I was too late.

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 16, 2017, 06:51:06 PM
This one has been for sale for a bit.  Maybe he'll work with you on price.   :))

[ebay]301762580159[/ebay]

Oh my gosh....that one has been advertised on EBay for so long..... it was practically new when they first posted it :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

SteveG

Quote from: Brads70 on January 16, 2017, 06:55:00 PM
:whiteflag:   Wow that's insane!  We had a local Chrysler dealership here that was torn down. It had a service sign with the Chrysler penestar  on it. I meant to go get it before it was demoed but I was too late.

That is exactly what happened here. I was driving by the old dealership and it was literally being torn down and there was this sign on a pole close to the driveway. I happened to be driving a service van, took off a 12' ladder and got up there then took out the sign faces. I gave one to a friend of mine that actually was a mechanic for that dealership in the late 60's and 70's.

HP_Cuda

I hear there is this guy name Cody that has a sign business that could possibly make a Mopar sign for less than 200k!

:rofl:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Cuda Cody

Not a sign, but I love this old photo!!!

303 Mopar

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 17, 2017, 03:39:42 PM

@Cuda Cody  I like the one the precedes that one too.  Can you imagine sitting on your front porch and this comes flying by?

Roadman

Not a dealership sign, but an ad in a magazine. Anybody remember seeing it ????? 

Brads70

Quote from: 303 Mopar on January 17, 2017, 03:45:20 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 17, 2017, 03:39:42 PM

@Cuda Cody  I like the one the precedes that one too.  Can you imagine sitting on your front porch and this comes flying by?

It would be fun to re create that after a big lottery win!  :)

ec_co

if only we knew a signmaker ......  :pokeeye:

I was thinking about this recently too ... I know there is a LOT of variability (size/options), but what kinda cost would be involved to make some retro signage ? I know thats a wide open question, but I think there is a market out there.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

Making the sign is not hard.  It's getting licenses to use the images and logos that makes it a little tough.

Quote from: ec_co on February 07, 2017, 02:21:12 PM
if only we knew a signmaker ......  :pokeeye:

I was thinking about this recently too ... I know there is a LOT of variability (size/options), but what kinda cost would be involved to make some retro signage ? I know thats a wide open question, but I think there is a market out there.

ec_co

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 07, 2017, 02:52:04 PM
Making the sign is not hard.  It's getting licenses to use the images and logos that makes it a little tough.

I didn't even think about that aspect. since Plymouth is now defunct, does that open up the licensing gates for some things?
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

That I don't know.   :notsure:  Would think they would at a very minimum keep their trade marks.

303 Mopar