Main Menu

Way off topic.... Any CCTV Camera guru's here?

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, May 01, 2018, 07:48:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

You know how it goes... the old when it rains it pours. I run 16 camera cctv system at the shop. Different cameras in different locations, some cheap, others not so much. Its finally warmed up around here, so time to drag out the ladder.                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

1. About 2 weeks ago the priciest camera in the system goes blank. I'm really hoping its a connection issue....NOT. I swap with a "test" camera - works perfect. This camera was soooo nice. You could read a plate number at 2am without issue. It's like watching the HD tv in your living room.  Anyone know if there's a fix, I'm thinking it has to be in the electronics, there's no mechanical parts? Granted I can get another for about $250, but this stuff adds up so fast. Its only 2 years old. I've had cheapie's in the system last over 10-15 years.  :bricks:

2. Within a day of the one mentioned above after a heavy cold rain, another one goes pretty dark. This ones not high dollar but mounted way high.  Up the ladder again... Just as I expected - moisture. I have never had any luck taking these apart. I'm trying to figure is it water getting in OR humidity not escaping. It had to be assembled so there must be a way to take it apart?? (theory). I have 4 other cameras of this type in the system with no issues.

At 63 I really dont care for the hi-wire act gymnastics, not as sure footed as I used to be.  I know this post is a long shot, but if you have any cctv experience, I'm open to suggestion.   

HP_Cuda

Unfortunately water and electronics don't play well together.

I have had several systems and found the units with really good enclosures (sealed) lasted the longest.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200