Main Menu

CANCELED -Fall Fling Oct 24th 2020 @Irwindale Speedway -Mopar Swap-Show-Drags

Started by autoxcuda, September 01, 2020, 08:36:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

autoxcuda

Exciting new things....

Fall Fling 25th Anniversary at Irwindale Speedway Saturday October 24, 2020 this year.

The LA City is not issuing park permits.

Fall Fling 25th Anniversary

October 24, 2020 (Sat)
Irwindale Speedway, Irwindale CA

All Mopar:
-Swap Meet
-Show and Shine car show field
-Drag Racing Test N Tune
-with walk-in Participant admission.***

*** NOTE: Our events, like always, have PARTICIPANTS shopping, selling, showing, and supporting those cars OUTDOORS. There will be no grandstands seating or presentations.

Masks absolutely required with social distancing practiced.

Please be understanding of this late change. We will have basic flyers with email and limited mailings. We really need you all to get the word out by social media, cruise's, word of mouth etc.

But you WILL have an opportunity to participate in a Mopar event. Adapt and enjoy!

More details to follow.

Remember we are all PARTICIPANTS !!

Steve
CPW club president
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

autoxcuda

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

autoxcuda

Quote from: YellowThumper on September 01, 2020, 12:19:31 PM
Quote from: autoxcuda on September 01, 2020, 12:06:18 PM
Thoughts?

@1 Wild R/T
@CudaMoparRay
@Cuda Cody
@nsmall
@70/6chall
@YellowThumper
@70 Challenger Lover

I am ready and plan to go.

Working thru an electrical gremlin that popped up 2 days ago.

How much shorter of a drive will it be for you?

Plan on dragging it?

Scooter

Cuda Cody

This should be a great event!  Looks like Irwindale Speedway has plenty of space for everyone to be safe and have a wonderful time.  Super happy to see this event is going to happen safely.

autoxcuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 01, 2020, 01:26:15 PM
This should be a great event!  Looks like Irwindale Speedway has plenty of space for everyone to be safe and have a wonderful time.  Super happy to see this event is going to happen safely.

About 4 times the size !

MoparLeo

moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

70 Challenger Lover

I am definitely down for the trip! That's probably the best news I've had since March. Irwindale is a fun racetrack and should make a pretty good venue. Are they going to have us out in the middle of the field or in the parking lot or ?

No matter where, it should still be fun just getting out there! My ragtop is itching to make a nice long cruise like this.

70 Challenger Lover

Right after typing this out, I checked Facebook and a memory popped up from exactly one year ago; A video I posted of us at Irwindale watching the races! It was a great night last year. I'll take the timing of that random memory as a good sign that this year's show will also be great!

autoxcuda

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on September 01, 2020, 04:18:14 PM
Right after typing this out, I checked Facebook and a memory popped up from exactly one year ago; A video I posted of us at Irwindale watching the races! It was a great night last year. I'll take the timing of that random memory as a good sign that this year's show will also be great!

That's freaky

Must be a sign !!!!

autoxcuda

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on September 01, 2020, 04:12:14 PM
I am definitely down for the trip! That's probably the best news I've had since March. Irwindale is a fun racetrack and should make a pretty good venue. Are they going to have us out in the middle of the field or in the parking lot or ?

No matter where, it should still be fun just getting out there! My ragtop is itching to make a nice long cruise like this.

The parking lot and drag pits is the largest unobstructed area.

Swap closest to Arrow Hwy and main entrance

Show between swap and drag strip

Drag pits near fwy furthest from main entrance near starting tower (most east end of facility)

Free Participant Parking will be behind circle track grandstands with overflow into circle track pits, and even circle track if needed.

YellowThumper

Quote from: autoxcuda on September 01, 2020, 12:28:22 PM
Quote from: YellowThumper on September 01, 2020, 12:19:31 PM
Quote from: autoxcuda on September 01, 2020, 12:06:18 PM
Thoughts?

@1 Wild R/T
@CudaMoparRay
@Cuda Cody
@nsmall
@70/6chall
@YellowThumper
@70 Challenger Lover

I am ready and plan to go.

Working thru an electrical gremlin that popped up 2 days ago.

How much shorter of a drive will it be for you?

Plan on dragging it?

Half the distance for me at about 30 mile trip.
No dragging for me. Nothing dialed in to attempt it.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

CudaMoparRay

Less than half the distance for me so would be more convenient.
But I enjoyed driving longer in the 'Cuda so no deal breaker if it was still being held in Van Nuys.
Glad to see that all proper precautions are being taken especially at this time to protect participants.
However, as of this point I am not attending any social events.
That may change so I'm keeping my options open, wishing you all the best.

dodj

That would be a 3525km drive for me. I'll pass but hope you guys have a great time. Remember to  :takepicture:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill