Main Menu

What car would you give your worst enemy?

Started by Cudakiller70, February 19, 2017, 02:06:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

A.Gramz

I vote Chevy uplander. 

We've owned it 3 months it only has 60k miles.  And trans is out of it.

XeGnome

Brads70

Quote from: XeGnome on March 02, 2017, 06:48:48 PM
Pontiac Aztek...  :yes:

That car sure got beat with an ugly stick, I'll give you that!  :rofl:

Cuda Cody

My wife hates they way those look!   :rubeyes:  Who designed the Pontiac Aztek?   :barf:

Quote from: XeGnome on March 02, 2017, 06:48:48 PM
Pontiac Aztek...  :yes:

XeGnome

I met and spoke with a bunch of GM product designers and engineers at Woodward one year and they all "hated on" the Aztek.   And yet... GM still put the side cladding on a few more models... Sadness

RUNCHARGER

Yes: The Avalanche was no heck either. GM has really dropped some bombs IMO, I guess when you're big you can take chances.
Sheldon

jimynick

Quote from: A.Gramz on March 02, 2017, 06:18:24 PM
I vote Chevy uplander. 

We've owned it 3 months it only has 60k miles.  And trans is out of it.
That's weird; I had one from new and even the same colour and ran it to 130-140,000k's and did nothing to it, shy of a set of frt pads. The previous Venture was quite another story.  :huh:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

ChallengerHK

Quote from: HP_Cuda on February 20, 2017, 11:44:44 AM
A Gremlin!!!

I have to come to the defense of my beloved Gremlins. I've had two, and both were great cars. The second one had a factory towing package with bigger springs and sway bars, and the guy before me had installed coil-overs on it. I used to spank all sorts of cars, including outrunning and outhandling an RX7 one night.

RUNCHARGER

The worst car I've ever owned personally was a 1979 Corvette. I traded my 80 Cordoba on the 1 year old Corvette and that was a pretty stupid thing to do. The antenna broke on it the first day, door panels came loose, clutch went bad, engine was totally gutless, A/C problems, headlight door problems etc. I've never owned a GM since. I got smart and traded it off on a 1 year old but new 81 W250 and that was the smartest thing I ever did. The Corvette was good for meeting girls and it had great service brakes but that was about it.
Sheldon

Timbbuc2

08 Monte Carlo, bought it with 10k miles, in 100 k went through 2 motors. Rad sits lower than the motor, you have to bleed the system to keep it primed.
Get in, I'll drive

HP_Cuda

I would have paid money to see that.  :bigthumb:

Quote from: ChallengerHK on March 03, 2017, 04:11:17 AM
Quote from: HP_Cuda on February 20, 2017, 11:44:44 AM
A Gremlin!!!

I have to come to the defense of my beloved Gremlins. I've had two, and both were great cars. The second one had a factory towing package with bigger springs and sway bars, and the guy before me had installed coil-overs on it. I used to spank all sorts of cars, including outrunning and outhandling an RX7 one night.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Chryco Psycho

You have covered most of the bases

Vega  , Pinto , Skoda , Yugo , Pacer , Lada , there are some cars here in Panama too , chevy Spark & Aveo, Kia Picanto ,Hyundai I10 , tiny roller skates , no protection .

My worst experience personally were GM truks , I had a 64 stepside , , pig on fuel & parts , it would get stuck on flat  wet grass .
I bought my second GM a dually , paid $6k & immediatly had to put another 2500 or so into it , the engine blew on week 3 & let go twie in one year  even after I built it with all good parts after the first failure , cost me $15k to own it  & keep it runnng for 1 lousy  year & I was only able to get $2200 selling it . Iwas looking at a new Dodge Cummins that year as they had just come out & thought it was too expensive to buy a new truck the loss of $13k in one year would have paid for more than 2/3 of the new truck  :madashell:
So I have owned my first & last GM ,  will not get suckered again . :verymad:

Cudakiller70

Bought a new 80 trans am WOW what a POS. In 6 months the rear end went out, drivers glass fell out, AC went out and it just died one morning going to work. They said it was the fuel pump, so I popped the hood and took a look, they didn't touch it there was still dirt on it. Traded in on a new Toyota truck and that was a great truck zero problems. This is the same car.

Chryco Psycho

i like the 70 - 73 Firebirds but they just got uglier & heavier , the 80 4 headlight nose was the worst IMO

Spikedog08

I would add to this but all of them I can think of have already been mentioned . . . some real winners for sure!   :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!