Main Menu

What do you use for a Jack?

Started by dodj, December 01, 2019, 04:42:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Like the title says, what do you guys use? I have my original jack, but I'm not about to trash my bumper using it. I assume nobody else would either.
:thinking:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

dodgemania

i use a hydraulic extended 1 ton with quick lift foot pedal and plastic wheel no noise from iron wheel  :tool:. the best i ever bought in lifting tool.

chargerdon

I went to the local you-pick-it and bought a scissors jack for $8...works great.   I also bought a doughnut mini spare there for $12.   

In my garage i use a standard floor jack.   

Speaking of jacks...can the K-Frame be used as a jacking point? 

Floyd

Here's mine  :)

Actually, that's my trailer-queen/show jack.  I have a couple of older Hein-Werners that I use in the garage. 

Yes, K-frame is a good jacking point.

packnsix

Quote from: Floyd on December 01, 2019, 06:49:03 AM
Here's mine  :)

Actually, that's my trailer-queen/show jack.  I have a couple of older Hein-Werners that I use in the garage. 

Yes, K-frame is a good jacking point.

That's awesome

Floyd

Thanks - Pre-resto pic

Katfish

Harbor Freight floor jack under the K-Frame or center section of rear end.

dodj

I should have specified, the one you carry in the trunk for when you get a flat out on the road. I have been carrying a small bottle jack, but I figured there must be better options.

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

mopar jack

I use this in my Barracuda and it mounts where the original goes. Just use a bungee cord to hold it there. You could get these at pick and pull for a few bucks and they work well under the frame or rear end and much safer than a bumper jack.

anlauto

I would use CAA.  :alan2cents:

When I used to show my Duster Twister I would display it everywhere with the two wheels off of it...I would carry a tote in the trunk with a small hydraulic jack from CTC, small jack stands that I welded plates to the bottom of and a piece of plywood for under the jack....real PITA.
These days I think if I got a flat tire I would just call CAA.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Quote from: mopar jack on December 01, 2019, 07:51:41 AM
I use this in my Barracuda and it mounts where the original goes. Just use a bungee cord to hold it there. You could get these at pick and pull for a few bucks and they work well under the frame or rear end and much safer than a bumper jack.
What is that out of? Don't think I've seen a jack like that one.

mopar jack

Don't know what kind of car, pick and pull had them piled in a corner. My friend who has multiple chevies and mopars recommended it,said they were used in later cars

benlavigne

I like this concept, jack and stand all in one, I have it on my amazon wish list, we'll see after Christmas if I need to buy a couple!

Ben

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration