Main Menu

What got me into Mopar and why I had to have a EBODY

Started by MatchlessIndian, February 17, 2020, 02:54:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MatchlessIndian

Ok, I am going to repost a post I made in my intro a few days ago-- I am doing so because I wanted to share with anyone who is interested the early 70s' footage I have of my Dad's 1970 440 Magnum Cuda' that I found on an 8mm reel we had in a box in the garage a few years back. It was a video I spliced together for father's day which included a few in-jokes like the flashing race name at the beginning. The intro part I cut off a video I had just so he would not know what was about to come on when I screened it for him at his house. I have no affiliation with that company.

So here is the background repost: And Here Is The Link to Video https://youtu.be/ACdmK-YzlC0

I believe the Cuda' was a White car originally. My Dad was a mechanic at an AMC dealership and had an AMX Javelin (he got a good employee deal on but never actually cared for) which he traded for the Cuda'. He liked to do street style drags at this old closed down small airstrip just outside of town --they only allowed daily drivers to race-- so I believe he had the shop at his work repaint the car to look cool. Must have worked because I was born. Lol. He always laughs about all the GM and Ford cars he smoked with that thing.
Unfortunately, the car got sold because my mom made him. Lol. It happened because a car he was racing one afternoon lost control and came over into his lane just barely missing him. She had just found out she was pregnant with me, so she told him he needed to quit racing. Of course, at the time he agreed but then one Saturday he came home late from work and she was waiting for him outside the house to take her to the grocery store and just jumped in. Long story short, he had been racing and had taken the passenger seat out and neglected to put the bolts back in before coming home. When he hit the gas at some point she ended up going backward. The car was sold to a friend within 3 days for $1500.00 and I have heard all my life that he couldn't believe he traded his Cuda' for me. That is why when I was on the way home from college for a visit I turned my car around when I saw an Ebody's tail lights poking out of an old barn. I didn't get a Cuda' but I did get a decent deal on a 71' R/T Challenger which I plan on restoring with my Dad's help (and you guys!).

Cuda Cody

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

nsmall

Thanks for sharing.  As a young pup on here I forget sometimes how old these cars are.