Main Menu

What it looks like going 284 MPH in Nevada

Started by Topcat, November 06, 2017, 06:28:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

On Saturday, the mad Swedes at Koenigsegg did something truly remarkable: in an Agera RS, a factory driver achieved an average speed of 277.9 mph during two runs on Nevada's Route 160 between Las Vegas and Pahrump. This may make the Agera RS the world's fastest street legal production car. Now you can see what those runs looked like from the driver's perspective.

The nice folks at Racelogic sent us the video recorded by the VBOX HD2 during the two runs, and if you've ever been curious what approaching 290 mph looks like from the cockpit, you're about to find out.

Video what it looks like.

https://jalopnik.com/this-is-what-koenigseggs-record-278-mph-nevada-speed-ru-1820157256

Brads70

Chryco Psycho

BIGSHCLUNK

I think I know right where that stretch of road is. (Parump side of the mountain.) WOW 

anlauto

I like how he shifts into another gear at around 227 mph, when do you ever used that gear under normal driving conditions ? :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

BIGSHCLUNK

I'm curious how they blocked the road off, to run that thing that fast. it's the only acess from Vegas that I'm aware of (mountains in between) and everytime I've been thru there NYE County Sherriff is the too  :notsure:

303 Mopar

Amazing how quickly that speed gobbles up the distance.  11,600 Meters = 7.2 miles

1971Y13

1971 'Cuda
1968 GTX

71GranCoupe

At that speed, the striped lines are almost solid white. The spaces almost disappear. That is cool!  :stayinlane:

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

RzeroB

I'm almost disappointed  :console:  I thought it was going to be a video of Mike and his HemiCuda making a run!!  :veryexcited:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

GY3R/T

In the words of the great rock band Commander Cody .  "The telephone poles looked like picket fences".    :burnout:

Topcat

Quote from: RzeroB on November 07, 2017, 05:04:48 PM
I'm almost disappointed  :console:  I thought it was going to be a video of Mike and his HemiCuda making a run!!  :veryexcited:

lol,
I would start getting air born at 160 mph and start flying off the road.

That would be a cool road to do that on with 3:23 gears.

RzeroB

Quote from: Topcat on November 07, 2017, 06:31:22 PM
Quote from: RzeroB on November 07, 2017, 05:04:48 PM
lol,
I would start getting air born at 160 mph and start flying off the road.

Nahh ... you just have to increase the angle-of-attack on the Go-Wing to get a little more down-force!!  :bigthumb:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Topcat