Main Menu

What would you do?

Started by Cuda Cody, August 25, 2018, 10:11:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

About 10 years ago I purchased a bottle of Whiskey and never got around to drinking it (Ichiro's Malt Two of Clubs card series).  I paid a couple hundred dollars for it.  Looked it up online to get the tasting notes before possible giving it to a friend as a thank you gift and to my surprise it's a pretty rare bottle.  There's a company that I contacted to get more info about the bottle that is willing to buy it and after bit of back and forth they are willing to pay $7,800 for the bottle?

Since there's no way I'm going to drink it or give it away now should I sell it to them for $7,800, hang on to it or find somewhere online to list it for sale?  What would you do with this bottle if it was you?

1 Wild R/T

Well I sure wouldn't drink it...  :stop: :rofl:   I'd probably take the easy route & sell it to them even though you know they are gonna sell it at a profit..... But they likely already have a buyer in mind for it, you'd need to find a buyer....

Brads70

Easy one for me as I don't drink!
Sell it1 .... and buy more Cuda parts!  :D

Katfish

I'd do a little research, if they are willing to pay $7800, it is worth north of $10k.
Cut out the middle man.

Slotts

If you read through the description on this link, I think it would be well worth hanging onto it for a while. You could throw the "bait in the water" so to speak, maybe on a wine forum, post this picture and wait for more nibbles. You already have one fish willing to take a bite. I am sure there are bigger fish that will come around...  ;)

https://dekanta.com/store/ichiros-malt-two-of-clubs/

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

Jay Bee

After Googling it I'd hang onto it too and let it appreciate more.

6bblgt

"One of 318 bottles"

there's got to be a MOPAR joke in there somewhere  :dunno:

HP_Cuda

Well I may give you a different take on this. As someone who really enjoys a good bourbon I would say prices rise and fall with the economy. So yes the bottle you have is rare because that distillery is no longer in action and there are so many left. So with time you will find it should appreciate, the question becomes how fast will it appreciate and hence this is when I say it depends on the economy. Disposable income is at play here so the more folks have the more it will appreciate.

Japanese whiskeys have a cult following so this one may be good to hold onto for awhile.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

nsmall

Dont open it, buy your friend a new bottle of whiskey.

dodj

If I paid $200 bucks for something and somebody else will pay me $7800 for that thing, I would sell it asap. If that person sells it for more, good for him. But you made a very tidy profit.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

js27

Sell it now before you drop it--LOL
Js27

Brads70

I never would have guessed it to be worth that ? Learned something new. Cody you are either really wise with your " investments" or have a horseshoe implanted in your backside!   :D

gzig5

$7800 is halfway to a crate Hellcat.......or whatever else you may need/want.  I'd say you did well.  I've had stocks in the past do that well in a hot market and before I could blink, they were worth zero.  I'd take the profit and go about my way.  Who's to say what it will be worth next year, maybe more or maybe half of what you are being offered?  I think that if you are collecting something like this to generate a profit, you need to treat it like the stock market.  Set your sell price on the high and low end and stick too it.

GoodysGotaCuda

I would have sold it so stinkin' fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Cudajason

:fingerscrossed:
Quote from: Katfish on August 25, 2018, 10:44:41 AM
I'd do a little research, if they are willing to pay $7800, it is worth north of $10k.
Cut out the middle man.

I agree!  I woudl make sures its not worth twice as much first!  If it is, I would look for a buyer, if not leter go!  Thats a pretty nice profit!

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.