Main Menu

Whatcha cranking on the speakers ????

Started by Roadman, February 15, 2017, 04:50:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Slotts

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 09, 2019, 07:42:03 PM
This has to be one of the best dating back to early 80s , incredible vocal range , the band was awesome too  :cooldance:

Hey Neil, @Chryco Psycho

My son Eric got to meet you at Carlisle in 2009 but two months before that, I indoctrinated him with these tickets...  :drooling:

They played every song in order from Empire!  :clapping:   :banana:

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

Chryco Psycho

Incredible Band in the day , I also went to see them in Concert , they had Zero airplay so No one knew them where I lived so it was almost a private concert I was sitting 9 rows up from the floor in the center in front f the stage & there was no one sitting within 30 seat of me in any direction !! Amazing concert !!

71-440

Joe

Topcat

Chryco Psycho

Chryco Psycho

Chryco Psycho

Chryco Psycho

Topcat

Topcat

The band Head East was named after the Lead singer in a Van saw the sun rise while on Acid.

He saw the Sun talk with arms and a face.

Thus the name, Head East was born. (heard this today from the disk jockey)

Irregardless; this is a freaking killer song worth warming the speakers up on high.   :bravo:

6bblgt

are you surprised Baxter Forrest Twilight would take acid?  :crazytalk:

from Wikipedia:

QuoteOriginally known as the TimeAtions, the band adopted the name Head East on August 6, 1969 at the suggestion of the band's roadie, Baxter Forrest Twilight. In a 2011 interview, founding member Steve Huston claimed that soon after sunrise one morning in 1969, Baxter Twilight woke the band members in their communal home/practice facility. Having been up all night sitting in the front yard consuming acid, the roadie said that when the sun rose, it turned into a giant talking head and told him the band's new name should be "Head East". After thinking on it briefly, the band liked the unusual nature of it and has kept the name.[1] However, other members of the band dispute Huston's claim about the naming.

Topcat

Quote from: 6bblgt on November 16, 2019, 09:41:17 PM
are you surprised Baxter Forrest Twilight would take acid?  :crazytalk:

from Wikipedia:

QuoteOriginally known as the TimeAtions, the band adopted the name Head East on August 6, 1969 at the suggestion of the band's roadie, Baxter Forrest Twilight. In a 2011 interview, founding member Steve Huston claimed that soon after sunrise one morning in 1969, Baxter Twilight woke the band members in their communal home/practice facility. Having been up all night sitting in the front yard consuming acid, the roadie said that when the sun rose, it turned into a giant talking head and told him the band's new name should be "Head East". After thinking on it briefly, the band liked the unusual nature of it and has kept the name.[1] However, other members of the band dispute Huston's claim about the naming.

Yeah I think he had an inside groove with Stanley and the Windowpanes back then.   :))

6bblgt

Topcat

Chryco Psycho