Main Menu

What's On Your Display Board?

Started by Wedg2Go, June 24, 2017, 08:04:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Wedg2Go

I started to consider about how I want to design a display board of some sort. I know some of us don't have 'em, but I like to give the spectators a little something to read while they look over the ride. You would be surprise as to how many do stop and give that board a once over. I have one for my 'other car' and sometimes it will gather a crowd.

So I am looking for ideas, if you are willing to share. I know I could give this to my source, back in the big city, but since I know how he produces his products, I am will to take a shot at this myself. I am not looking to plagiarize. Just something to get my creative juices flowing!!!  :bigthumb:   

Cuda Cody

I don't have any for my cars, but I do like looking at them when I'm at shows.  For me, it's cool reading a little history about the car.  So anything that is special, like was the car owned a long time by 1 owner, was it a unique barn find or does it have any special meaning to the current owner (family owned from way back), and or some information or photos of the restoration process.   If it's a custom it's cool to see what parts they used.  Like what trans and special custom features that is hard to see.  :alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

I agree: They are a good feature and should be used to explain to people what makes your car special. It might be ownership history, low mileage, back from the dead story or rare features. Every car has something that makes it stand out.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Haven't used it in years but back when I first finished my car & was showing it regularly I built this stand, it breaks down & stores in the trunk pretty well......

Photo album on top, display board showing my first magazine feature in the middle & the base is under the tire so no chance of it damaging anything....

Burdar

Honestly what I like best is just a photo album of the build process in the trunk or on the rad support. I like looking through those more than looking at a show board.