Main Menu

What's the best thing: (Cash, Prize, Jackpot, Lottery, Raffle) you ever Won?

Started by Topcat, August 23, 2017, 07:15:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Love to hear stories when someone hit it big.

For me, the one that best comes to mind was when there was the America's Cup in San Diego in 1988.

One day after work, I grabbed a Foster's Beer big can at the Liquor store. 
There on the door was a peel off contest entry form to go see the America's Cup in San Diego.

I took one, stuck in my pocket and forgot about it.
Later on, I filled  it out and sent it in.

A week later I get a call. "What kind of prank is this I told him"
It wasn't!

All expenses paid: Round trip from SFO airport, Suite on the water of Mission Islandia, hats, gear and cash.
A ride on the 8 Million dollar boat called the Mantis owned by Phillip Morrison to watch the  race.

It was killer!   :perfect10:

Except that everybody except me and the crew got seasick.
It was windy that day.

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Well, the best thing I ever won  and still have is the love of my wife of. 46 years.   Enough said! :)

Voodoo Child

I won a fluidampner balancer for a small block chevy. They had a raffle at super chevy Maple Grove back in 87. Other than that I couldn't win a bag of shit if I stood in a manure pile!! :Thud:

MoparJunkie

I won a boombox in high school in a raffle for making good grades. It was awesome at the time because I didn't have a CD player or anything to play music on, lol.

I also won some snap on screw drivers that were later stolen out of my garage years later along with the rest of my tools!  :verymad:

ec_co

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Chryco Psycho

The best win I have ever had was a free jacket advertising the company as it had the logo on both the back & front , maybe $100 value .
I have also won the lottery 3 times but $10 doesn't go very far !
other than that I cannot win a coin toss ever .

Topcat

Moparman82

If we are including bets then that opens a whole new can of worms! Haha I bet $100 that holly holm would clean Ronda rousey's clock, at 11:1 that paid me quite well, then I put $100 on Meisha Tate to go through Holly Holm at 7:1.  Now I've got $100 on Conor McGregor to shock the world against Mayweather at 7:1.  Let's go you freaky little Irishman!

I've never won squat tho, other than a $10 scratcher
Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

Glow Worm

I sent a ticket I bought, with my wife's name on it, in to The Cash Explosion in Ohio.
Her ticket was pulled and she go to go on the show.
She won $20,400.
After "The Tax Man" got his share we ended up with $14,600.......
"If I had all of the money I have spent on cars . . . I'd spend it on cars."

Spikedog08

Yeah I'm not lucky either . . . only thing I can think of is 50/50 at bowling which was probably $120.00  . . .  :no:   Also I guess I won some pool tournaments for a few hundred dollars but that is a decent skill I have . . .  :thinking:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

ViperMan

Would you guys count an award that came with cash?  :)

When I attended WyoTech, several instructors voted for me to be awarded the Outstanding Achievement Award, sponsored by Nissan.  I got a certificate, my name on a plaque at the school, and a $120 voucher for Snap-On tools.

The certificate is somewhere in a box, the plaque was taken down after Nissan discontinued the award (no one could out-outstand me...   :rofl:) but I still have the cutting wheel I bought with my voucher!!  :)

Gary

A few years ago PPG was offering a chance to win a Richard Petty driving experience at the Newton Ia. track to all the body shops in the area.  Signed up and forgot all about it until about a year later our rep called and said I was one of the winners.  Got to go drive 8 laps in the 48 car.  It was  fun ,but if I would of had to pay the $500 it costs,  would have been disappointed.

303 Mopar

Ran across this Hemicuda giveaway back in 2013.  Hard to imagine anything better to win, and looks like he is in good company now with his buddies having Cuda's too!   :banana:

GoodysGotaCuda

Got my Dad's former car built on Overhaulin'. That was pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Timbbuc2

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on April 25, 2018, 01:47:19 PM
Got my Dad's former car built on Overhaulin'. That was pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have any pictures?
Get in, I'll drive