Main Menu

What's your plans for the "Great American Eclipse" Aug 21st?

Started by Cuda Cody, July 29, 2017, 12:47:15 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ViperMan

I considered traveling to the nearest point that would see 100%, but it was a 4+ hour drive.  Plus I wasn't able to take the day off.  We'll still be in the 90's, so I'll get to view it partially from our jobsite, assuming I'm even allowed outside for that long...

:rolleyes:

Topcat

I heard on the news that Moon Pies are at record selling this last week.

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

cudaized

Sit outside. Experience this natural wonder. Sipping red wine.  :cheers:
I'm be in Memphis, TN....without a 'cuda
1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior cudaized.com 1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry ebodyconvertibleregistry.com

Topcat

This website will show what your amount of Totality % will be and at what time where you are located at.

http://amp.timeinc.net/time/4882923/total-solar-eclipse-map-places-view/?source=dam

Enjoy the show wherever you are.

Cuda Cody

Got my welding helmet ready and it's started.

ec_co

no plans except working. too many folks heading up to Wyoming, its a madhouse and I'm staying off the roads.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

oldmoparbuff

Whole fam Damily is in Salem for an Eclipse party.  They all spent the weekend at my oldest daughters house. Me - it's a regular work day.
I pop my head outside with my fancy glasses.
I was doing the same thing at the last eclipse, but used a box then.

6bblgt

only 72% totality here in Vegas, but .....
- OH, THE MAJESTIC SPLENDOR!!   8) protection NOT required  :thumbdown:

303 Mopar

ViperMan

I climbed to the top of our 200' exhaust stack (not yet in operation), where I found the view below a tad more interesting than the view of the moon blocking 90% of the sun...  :)

70/6chall

Missus and I took the grandkids to the Corona Ca. Library, this morning for thier Solar Eclipse Program, here in SoCal. Was there early, because the first 200 were able to get,free, the American Paper Optics(Ecipsers) ISO certified NASA #12312-2 glasses. with support from NASA, Google and The Gordon and Bettye Moore Foundation, Star_Net has distributed 2 million ISO compliant Safe Solar glasses to 6,900 libraries nationwide. The kids loved the experience, not only historical but educational.something they won't forget. I actually remember the '79 Eclipse, I was 32 at the time and that was 38 years ago. At least I made this one OK, I have serious doubts about the next one. LOL.            Thanks,   Al

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

I guess if you were in the path of total darkness, then it would have been an exciting time............we are just above SC....and we had 90% of the sun blocked.......but the other 10%............we got a little dusky but have been darker in a thunder storm.......................went back out to the pool...........

JS29

Hear in the grate state of New York it was about 65% to 70%, kind of like seeing A crescent moon but horizontal.

Cuda Cody

We were around 99% coverage and it was still pretty bright out. It got dark enough that the lights on the shop with sensors turned on, but kinda felt a little like Y2K.  A bunch of talk and excitement, but in the end wasn't as much of a big deal as I thought it might be.