Main Menu

Who makes the speedometer pinion gears

Started by blown motor, October 25, 2023, 07:32:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Does anyone know if there is more than one manufacturer of the speedometer pinion gears? I need to buy two of them and I've found a retailer that is half the money of the others. Just trying to determine if the less expensive one could be an inferior quality product.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

dodj

:dunno:
Who is the retailer? Kind of hard to get an opinion of the quality of someone's stuff if you don't include the name of the place? Maybe someone else has bought from them and is happy....or not.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

blown motor

American Hot Rod Solutions. They're out of Shreveport, LA. I asked about them in another post but no one has replied.

71GranCoupe

Quote from: blown motor on October 25, 2023, 07:32:27 PM
Does anyone know if there is more than one manufacturer of the speedometer pinion gears? I need to buy two of them and I've found a retailer that is half the money of the others. Just trying to determine if the less expensive one could be an inferior quality product.

Have you tried Brewers?

blown motor

National Moparts, Brewers, Roseville, Mancini, they all have them. I'm trying to determine if there is more than one manufacturer or if they are all selling the exact same product. Prices range from $27 - 56. That's a BIG spread.

headejm

[/quote]

Have you tried Brewers?
[/quote]

:iagree:

Brewers sold me a used one for a fair price a couple of years ago.

I also assume Cope Racing Transmission has 20 of every color in stock.