Main Menu

Who's the iphone to windows tech guru?

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, March 08, 2018, 08:02:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

J Henry Kay reist ... why is it so hard to get your pics off an i phone to a windows laptop. 2 hours and 4 youtube videos later all I am is raising my blood pressure..
This is an i6 going to a windows 7 pro OS. My phone  storage is full I really need to clean house!  :notsure:  :help:  :pullinghair: :pullinghair: 

ToxicWolf

I use a Samsung and all I do is email the picture to myself. Pull the email up on my computer and there it is. 

:thinking:

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on March 08, 2018, 08:02:30 PM
J Henry Kay reist ... why is it so hard to get your pics off an i phone to a windows laptop. 2 hours and 4 youtube videos later all I am is raising my blood pressure..
This is an i6 going to a windows 7 pro OS. My phone  storage is full I really need to clean house!  :notsure:  :help:  :pullinghair: :pullinghair:

First make sure to have the latest update of  iTunes installed so that Autoplay activates when you put your usb cable in.
Also make sure you are signed into your iPhone and screen is showing when you plug it in.

Dakota

Katfish

Plug in the USB cable to PC, connect other end to IPhone.
Don't use ITunes, open folder on PC and search for IPhone folder.
Copy pics from phone and paste into PC folder.

BIGSHCLUNK

Yes I have thought of email to myself............. I would be done with that by maybe  Thanksgiving..  :crying:

Katfish - I've been trying yhings like that from youtube vids.... always something once I'm into it that is just not there...  :headbang: :headbang:

Dakota - PM sent!

RzeroB

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on March 09, 2018, 12:19:25 AM
Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on March 08, 2018, 08:02:30 PM

First make sure to have the latest update of  iTunes installed so that Autoplay activates when you put your usb cable in.
Also make sure you are signed into your iPhone and screen is showing when you plug it in.

:iagree:

I get the same issues where the computer won't even recognize the iphone unless I have the latest update of itunes installed. Once it updates, voila! There's my iphone on the computer and I just drag and drop what I want from my iphone to my pc.  :yes:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

PlumCrazyRTSE

There's a free app called "Send Anywhere" that I use to transfer any type of files from my android phone to my Windows laptop.  It works great and you can actually go either direction with it.  I believe it's available for the iPhone as well.

340challconvert

I keep it simple. I take my pics on my I Phone and send them to my email on my desk top.  I then down load the pics to files I am keeping of my restoration anyway. When I want to post a pic I open the file and transfer or drag it to forum web response page I'm posting in. Easy. If I find a pic from another source, I do the same; download to a file and access the pic when I need it.
Hope this helps you! :ohyeah:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

ZEN357

Because Apple makes you use iTunes to get your pictures off of it.  That's why I have a Droid.

BIGSHCLUNK

I suppose I should update this.....    Dakota got me going in the right direction.  ****** 5 star yelp rating!   :perfect10:  :bradsthumb:  No you do not need to use itunes. The process did take a little while cause I had a GAZILLION PICS.  The only thing I have run into is I still get a storage full msg. Even with turning the phone on and off several times - it did not reset. Very minor issue, I will just work around it. Another hing that helps is clear the cache on your computer.   :burnout:

RzeroB

Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)