Main Menu

Porsche Synthetic eFuel

Started by Topcat, February 23, 2021, 06:03:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Have your Cake and Eat it too while you Do a huge burn out smiling; next to a Tree Hugger at a light.  8)

Hopefully it will be user friendly with all gasoline engines. Hope we find out more on this.

https://www.motor1.com/news/489509/porsche-synthetic-fuel-2022-production/?fbclid=IwAR2MzJBjpcbsVSs-Atcgy84QHZijrXEMRx76Mgop1gSTnI88HiCwIF3sXEg

7212Mopar

German were making synthetic fuel in WWII but not enough to make a difference to power their war machines. Sounds like the development is continuous since and improving to present day to make it clean burning.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

HP_Cuda

Nice! I was hoping folks were looking into synthetic fuels. This company seems to be moving towards a hydrogen fuel which can be quite interesting as ethanol fuels are plagued by aldehydes which Brazil is now dealing with since they moved towards a 20% ethanol blend. Besides the destructive nature of the biofuels, factoring in everything it takes to grow corn for the fuel makes it not such a great idea.

One thing I remember an old timer told me was during the 70's oil crisis that there was a group working on a synthetic fuel to break the impasse (they got close) and that the big oil companies bought it and shelved it.

Always follow the $$$$
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200