Main Menu

Winter projects

Started by wldgtx, December 01, 2017, 05:48:15 AM

Previous topic Next topic

wldgtx

So I was just wondering what everyone is working on this winter for projects?  This is not limited to your e-body or even Mopar...

For example:  I have just completed my addition to my barn for a heated paint booth which is 37x14 (plenty of prep room)... I installed 40k lumens of LED lights so I have plenty of light that surrounds the car while working on it.

I am also restoring my uncle's '66 Chevelle, I just welded in a new trunk pan and getting ready to hang quarters.  I also found a couple of small rust spots on the Challenger that were hiding, that I will be repairing.

So what are you working on?
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

pink aar

NOTHING BUT MONEY MONEY MOOOONEY

KNOW NOTHING, BUT WILLING TO LEARN

wldgtx

Sick...

I absolutely love the hemi orange engine against the FM3 paint color.

torredcuda

Lot`s of projects just need to find the money and time to do them. My Barracuda is already apart due to a sticking clutch (flywheel) and is getting a complete drivetrain overhaul - transmission rebuild,  new clutch, flywheel resurface or new and hopefully new engine, the rear has already been done. My plan for the engine is small block stroker with around 500hp. I am also doing some other changes/ upgrades but not 100% sure which direction to go yet, see my other post - https://forum.e-bodies.org/cuda-and-challenger-general-discussion/2/i-have-the-urge-to-go-old-school-with-the-cuda-should-i/4546/

Of course that is just the cuda and I have a bunch of other projects as well. I am currently working on restoring a `76 clubcab short bed 4x4, have a `73 Satellite 4 dr fixing for a driver for the wife and really need to get back working on my `70 road runner some day. Then I have a `73 road runner 400 4 spd car to build for the kid someday, at least I just sold my Duster drag car so I have some money and one less project to deal with.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

72 Challenger

I always try and pick something up over the winter just to say I did or attempt to learn something.

Last year I bought a Lincoln 180 and when my car is covered up, hibernating from the winter and the garage is too cold to enjoy, I throw on my welding leathers and teach myself how to weld. Admittedly I'm terrible and right now I stick to lawn ornaments and a side table for my garage bench but someday I will be good enough to build a car.

Also to keep the winter blues away I am part of a curling league. 
Someday I will have a J0b.

GoodysGotaCuda

Looks like I'll be dropping my fuel tank, I have a low fuel pressure issue to address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

wldgtx

That sounds like a manageable project.  Good luck!

I just picked up a new air compressor and now I get to put in a new breaker and outlet for it.

7.5hp 80 gallon
2 stage
175psi

lulurocks(Ken)

Bought 2 jeeps. .   Pretty much  rot free 95 4cyl yj and a 97 rust bucket tj .

In the process of mocking up moveing the mounts for the 4.0 swap  gonna lift her paint her and get her new shoes.

Scraped the 97 after pull the wheels,motor,trans,xfer.

Gary

Here is one of the projects we are working on in The Shop.  A 70 U code auto RT Charger.

Gary

Another one we are just getting started on.  69 GTX with a 440, 4 speed, Dana

RUNCHARGER

Both great cars. Terrific colours on the Charger.
Sheldon

Swamp Donkey

I ended up giving my 98 12v to my kid.  Now we are in the process of finishing up the motor and reinstalling it. Building our own custom 6 runner intake, compound turbos, etc.  So that is keeping me a little busy this winter.
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Chryco Psycho

That is a cool project , keep us updated . :twothumbsup:

lulurocks(Ken)

Ok it was more of a 2. winter and part of this spring/summer project ...  but she's done