Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: cataclysm80 on September 22, 2017, 04:35:40 PM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on September 21, 2017, 07:07:25 PM
Quote from: RzeroB on September 21, 2017, 06:26:48 PM
The infamy of the '71 Pace Car ... :-[

Must of been a manual drum-brake car ...  :o

Just watched the video the other day.... He was flying.... When you drop off the track & onto pit row you can slow down.. WTH was he thinking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uekPw_egDqY

He did practice runs, and placed an orange come to tell him when to slow down.
The track clean up crew removed the cone.
When he drove around, he never came to the cone, and didn't realize until it it was to late.

Yes most of us know the story... And until I saw the video I accepted it as a plausible explanation.... But I'm sorry, once you drop off the track & onto pit row there is absolutely no reason for staying hard on the gas.....

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

CudaMoparRay

larry4406

I'll play.  Here is my '72 Cuda after a tree fell on it during a micro-burst around 2001.  It sits under a tarp now.  First car I ever owned, bought it in 1979 for either $450 or $650 I cant remember.

Used a cherry picker to pull the roof up so I could get in and drive it into my old garage.  Later drove it onto a trailer for transport to the new house.

Someday....

anlauto

Quote from: larry4406 on September 23, 2017, 03:55:48 AM
I'll play.  Here is my '72 Cuda after a tree fell on it during a micro-burst around 2001.  It sits under a tarp now.  First car I ever owned, bought it in 1979 for either $450 or $650 I cant remember.

Used a cherry picker to pull the roof up so I could get in and drive it into my old garage.  Later drove it onto a trailer for transport to the new house.

Someday....

Is it  V21 car as well ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

larry4406

Quote from: anlauto on September 23, 2017, 05:15:26 AM

Someday....

Is it  V21 car as well ?

Alan - not real sure.  Fender tag is still on the car and broadcast sheet is somewhere in a box in the basement.  Currently covered with 2 tarps out back and very low on the priority list.  I always liked the color keyed grille and the TB3 color with the black vinyl top.  The grille is (was) smooth and not textured.

anlauto

Quote from: larry4406 on September 23, 2017, 05:48:55 AM
Quote from: anlauto on September 23, 2017, 05:15:26 AM

Someday....

Is it  V21 car as well ?

Alan - not real sure.  Fender tag is still on the car and broadcast sheet is somewhere in a box in the basement.  Currently covered with 2 tarps out back and very low on the priority list.  I always liked the color keyed grille and the TB3 color with the black vinyl top.  The grille is (was) smooth and not textured.

With that grill....that's why I was wondering about the hood treatment......One of my all time favorite combinations..
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RzeroB

Yikes!! That took some incredible force to tear that apart like that!!  :rubeyes:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

71GranCoupe

Roadman

So it hit that tree sideways ?   

Burdar

That's not a very big tree. These cars are extremely weak compared to modern cars. I hope the driver survived...I'm not holding my breath.

usraptor

Wrecked Cuda.  If I recall correctly he had just finished the restoration and got ran off the road.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Burdar on September 23, 2017, 07:18:21 PM
That's not a very big tree. These cars are extremely weak compared to modern cars. I hope the driver survived...I'm not holding my breath.

There's not a car made that could withstand a hit from a tree like that...  But for that car to tear in half I expect it had hidden rust issues.... They weren't hidden after the crash...

Similar sized tree... Cars don't stand a chance against a tree...