Main Menu

Recent posts

For Posterity. 
Quote from: Brads70 on May 08, 2024, 05:51:25 PMCool car , not liking the console and a few other things but to each his own. Price seems overly optimistic? Maybe just listed for advertising/ exposure....

They probably don`t expect to get that much and it`s just a price thrown up for the listing but ya never know.  :dunno:
General Topics / Re: HOT RODS,RAT RODS,CUSTOMS,...
Last post by 700 AKN - May 08, 2024, 10:37:53 PM
1971 AMC Javelin SST

Interesting about rear window defrost. My 74 Charger Rallye came with the electric heat tape on the window. It was the first year Dodge offered it. I also found out it's a rare option. My guess is that it was also offered in the 74 Challenger. I'll incllude a photo or two of it in my Charger.
Terry W.
I'd use a piece of square tubing and go over it with the bent weld to floor ones.
IMO, you'll be fine with the automatic. It's the shock loads from the manual clutch drops and power shifts that break them.
ok, so everyone agrees that the Dana 60 is best for 700+hp, so I don't feel like I'm thread-jacking too much ere when I ask "what about an 8 3/4 for a 392 (485hp)? My car will have the 6.4 hemi with an 8spd auto trans and 8 3/4 2ith 3.23 sure grip...which seems like it should be just fine?

I'm not going to drag race the car or anything, but I will definitely won't be afraid to get on the go-pedal from time to time.
My car is a convertible and I'm putting a 392 hemi in it, so there's no question I will be doing what I can to make it as structurally sound as possible.

I've seen a couple different types of subframe connectors. One is tubular and is welded or bolted (I will be welding regardless) to the existing front and rear frame components. The other is more contoured to fit along the floorpan and welded in place.

They both seem to do the same job but is one better than the other? I'd like to hear from people with experience here, I need to make a decision and start this part of the project soon.

I was also thinking aftermarket torque boxes, and wondering if the kit I've seen that goes under the radiator support is also a good addition?

Any advice is appreciated.