Main Menu

Recent posts

Are you using the original HEMI federal pump? Just curious.
I have a '71 Cuda with a stock hemi and stock exhaust (no headers).   I also added stock power steering a couple of years ago.   The problem I'm now experiencing only occurs after the car has been driven more than a half hour with outside temp above 60 degrees.   The symptom, as I can best describe it is that the power steering begins to 'chatter' when making even the slightest turn. It is terrible when you are trying to park as it is both annoying and noisy.  As you turn the wheel you can feel it resist and then release repeatedly causing what I am calling 'chatter'.   Because it seems to be related to heat,  I have changed the PS fluid to high temp fluid and I have also added an external cooler that is placed in front of the lower part of the radiator.  (All Hemi's came with a PS cooler but it was small and located near the exhaust manifold. I don't think they did much, but the engineers must have thought them necessary. I don't have one as they are now impossible to find, so I found an aftermarket one.)   I would like to better diagnose this problem before I start replacing parts.  Thanks in advance for your advise and suggestions.   
Parts / Misc For Sale / 383 shaker base plate
Last post by mopar jack - Today at 07:27:55 AM
I have a 383 shaker base plate with lid for sale. I modified this plate to fit on a 440 and have the original piece to return to a 383 setup. The lid has a 45 degree lip. Located in nothern california. Asking $400 plus shipping.
Parts / Misc For Sale / for sale 2 speed wiper motor
Last post by mopar jack - Today at 07:17:35 AM
 Have a 2 speed wiper motor from my 71 barracuda for sale. It worked when i removed it 12 years ago. Part number 2926929. Located in northern california, asking $100 plus shipping.
Quote from: chargerdon on Today at 05:43:56 AMBeing that i was born in 1947 i have ridden in cars for decades before lap belts were even in cars let alone shoulder belts.   Ive been in 3 separate collisions (one a T-bone with new then 70 challenger and yes i had my lap belt on.   No injury.  One of the comments was ..."why take a chance without them "   I look at it this way...ill bet NOT ONE of us has installed air bags in our classic cars.   Gee are we taking a chance in them.   

Like a few of us have said there is always risk in anything, even in a new car with 26 air bags, crumple zones, auto braking etc. Our old cars are nowhere near as safe a new one but just a basic seat belt/shoulder harness can prevent your head from going thru the windshield and other injuries even in a low speed crash. The last accident I was in was in my driving my wife`s Jeep, a 19 y old girl puller out rigth in front of us and I hit her car in the drivers front fender, luckily only injuries were minor neck strain for my wife and son and re-injured my already bad back. NO air bags deployed so all three of us would have been head first into he windshield at 40-45 mph if we were not wearing our set belts.
Quote from: JH27N0B on May 02, 2024, 06:51:25 AM
Quote from: anlauto on May 02, 2024, 04:18:40 AMIf the shoulder belt is optional, as in our 70-73 E Bodies, then it's optional to wear it. Of course the lap belt is mandatory. That's my understanding.
Was the shoulder belt optional in E body hardtops? 

NOT optional, like an extra cost option, optional like you don't have to use it if you don't want to, it's separate from the lap belt...literature back in the day said something to the affect of " seat belts including lap and optional shoulder belt"
Being that i was born in 1947 i have ridden in cars for decades before lap belts were even in cars let alone shoulder belts.   Ive been in 3 separate collisions (one a T-bone with new then 70 challenger and yes i had my lap belt on.   No injury.  One of the comments was ..."why take a chance without them "   I look at it this way...ill bet NOT ONE of us has installed air bags in our classic cars.   Gee are we taking a chance in them.   
Thanks for pointing that out!
Quote from: erat340 on February 04, 2024, 07:30:30 PMThank you. I have a rh inner pad rattling and have tried that clip but it did not help.
The anti rattle spring only affects the outboard pad. For the inner pad try applying hi temp silicone brake grease to the face of the caliper piston to reduce rattle
Quote from: cudaragtop on May 02, 2024, 09:13:37 AMThe 90 is physically larger than the 70.
I haven't seen a direct side by side comparison of dimensions but the 90 is slightly larger and longer with different rear mounting hole locations. Will require a different driveline than the 70 or modification.

Link to a 70 to 90 swap. Not an E-Body but some useful info.
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/8hp70-to-8hp90-swap-useful-info-for-the-next-guy.189355/
Got it thanks. I hope it's not remarkably larger and fits into our current transmission tunnel. I know the rear mount is slightly misaligned compared to 8HP70 and that can be accomodated quite easily I believe.