Main Menu

Recent posts

The subject of oil filters has been subject to a lot of chatter on the forums recently with NAPA changing to their Gold filters to some Chinese source.
People online say 51515 filters are still US but the 51515R filters are made in China now.
I was on Rock Auto last week and was checking out oil filters.  The one for my DD showed one WIX available closeout for $3 so I figured I would scoop it up.  Of course when I added some other items to my cart the shipping doubled, and nothing I could do adding and subtracting items could get the shipping down as it seemed that single available closeout filter was in its own dedicated shipping location!
The joys of buying from Rock Auto with their shipping...
I did end up getting it anyway, along with some other filters, both WIX and Mopar.  They show 51515s there at under $5 each.  Additionally if you hunt around you can usually track down one of their current 5% off codes to use to get that price down more.
I didn't order any 51515s this time as I already have a couple in my garage cabinet, and recently found a chain store I go to had a bunch of Fram items on their closeout racks including TG8HAs which are the right size for vintage Mopar V8s.  From what I find online, people say the Fram Tough Guards are OK, so despite reservations on using Fram I couldn't resist grabbing those for $1.87 each!  I think its just the standard orange can Frams that have the horrible quality reputation, and the premium lines are OK. 
I hope I don't find out otherwise the hard way!
Parts / Misc For Sale / Re: New Strange Driveshaft
Last post by 7dcuda - Today at 10:55:46 AM
SOLD
I like it the way the owner has it now. Keep the front bumperettes in storage. Love the round tail lamps.
Not reproduced as far as I know.  Wuite the unicorn part.
The thread that BIGS started about Napa gold filters no longer being made in the US got me oil filter shopping. I live in Canada but I'm in the US regularly so I shop both sides of the border. A 12 pack of WIX 51515 filters from Amazon USA with NY state sales tax of 8% and exchange to Canadian dollars will cost me $118 and I would pick them up when I'm there. That same box of filters bought through Amazon Canada and add on 13% Ontario and federal sales tax would cost me $342!!! :Thud: The only unknown is where the filters are made but I'm going to order a case and see. If they're made in China...well, at least Amazon has an easy return policy.

Are the HEMI air cleaner lids for N94 hood reproduced?  If not, are the original lids worth more than a standard lid?
I realize this is an older thread and the eBay listing is most likely no longer valid.  I was just curious about rarity and value.

Thank you
Body Shop / Re: Body guys, has anyone done...
Last post by 7E-Bodies - Today at 08:09:55 AM
Seeing some good advice here. Thanks guys. I've already mig welded my door gaps to a dead nuts 3/16" (something I'm actually good at) and aligned body panels laser straight while double checking meticulously with a 3' straight edge, so I'll be doing the body filler on the gaps now that I've heard some testimony on this. I may forego the 52# door weights suggested by @Cuda Cody (making up for window/hardware weight in doors) during this phase as I don't want that kind of weight on the unibody while on rotisserie. I'll include a link for one of a couple channels I watch. I think this guy is the best. I've watched him on 3 E bodies. He does the gap bondo as well, yet never quite explains that part.
https://youtu.be/jfZLriCoNyM?si=o8fJJL6_r3GqM0FD
PS: I did use Cody's 52# door weight idea during initial panel alignment and quarter panel replacements. I really like that.
B
Cars For Sale or Wanted / Re: 1973 Cuda, 340 4spd, JA5, ...
Last post by Burdar - Today at 07:41:27 AM
As original as it is, I'd like to see the bumper guards put back on the front.
B
Body Shop / Re: Body guys, has anyone done...
Last post by Burdar - Today at 07:36:00 AM
The guy that painted my car does it this way.  All the gaps are tightened up beforehand and all door/trunk weatherstrips are installed.  He muds right over the gaps and sands across them.  Once the sanding is done, he cuts through the filler and cleans up the edges.
I'd get it to the point it's making the noise. Shut it off and stick my candy thermometer in the fluid reservoir. What temp. is the fluid? Did the cooler and fluid change have any effect? If not, i'd say it's pump time.