Main Menu

Recent posts

Parts / Misc For Sale / Re: Door Hinges
Last post by MoparLeo - Today at 02:01:56 PM
Check the one you say is an A-body. It is actually a 67-70 Body upper in the picture. The lower is either a 67-76 A or a 67-70 B. They are the same.
They stress crack in the area of the picture that I postsed. If it is not cracked, I will take it as well.
Thanks
Leo
B
Parts Wanted / ISO Challenger Hood Scoop Blo...
Last post by Blowout - Today at 02:01:07 PM
I am missing the passenger side block off plate and what looks like 3 screws out of the 4.  Anyone out there got anything?  Thanks.
In the late 80's I had a 73 Challenger with one. I found it about as useful as teats on a Bull. After about 30 minutes of driving I had maybe a 3" hole I could see thru.  My vote is no, not worth the effort.
You have to remember they draw heated air from the seating area and then blows the air up to the rear window to warm the glass to remove the moisture or melt the frost. With that in mind, they work ok as long as you take the time to warm up the vehicle. They were ok at the time, now the heated glass is far superior. I have one in my RT-SE but have never driven it in inclement weather and just turn it on once in awhile to keep the bearing lubed.
I have all 4 of the chrome bezels and both peices for all 4 of the headlight buckets. I would take $100. Plus shipping for all to he peices, if anyone has interest.
Trying to plan a little for my interior restoration.  Is it worth the effort to add the rear window defroster apparatus to my 73 Cuda, which did not come equipped with it?  Car is in no way a numbers type restoration.  I am most curious as to how effective the defroster is.  I will be driving it in all sorts of Wisconsin weather, excluding snow hopefully, but including cool/cold spring and fall weather so interior fogging is likely to be a real thing.  If they are effective, I'll get the parts and add one.  If not, I'll find another way via electrical means or other blower retrofit.
G
Cars For Sale or Wanted / Re: 1973 Cuda, 340 4spd, JA5, ...
Last post by gzig5 - Today at 12:03:44 PM
Nice to see one in Silver Frost like mine was originally, minus the stripe as far as I can tell.
The subject of oil filters has been subject to a lot of chatter on the forums recently with NAPA changing to their Gold filters to some Chinese source.
People online say 51515 filters are still US but the 51515R filters are made in China now.
I was on Rock Auto last week and was checking out oil filters.  The one for my DD showed one WIX available closeout for $3 so I figured I would scoop it up.  Of course when I added some other items to my cart the shipping doubled, and nothing I could do adding and subtracting items could get the shipping down as it seemed that single available closeout filter was in its own dedicated shipping location!
The joys of buying from Rock Auto with their shipping...
I did end up getting it anyway, along with some other filters, both WIX and Mopar.  They show 51515s there at under $5 each.  Additionally if you hunt around you can usually track down one of their current 5% off codes to use to get that price down more.
I didn't order any 51515s this time as I already have a couple in my garage cabinet, and recently found a chain store I go to had a bunch of Fram items on their closeout racks including TG8HAs which are the right size for vintage Mopar V8s.  From what I find online, people say the Fram Tough Guards are OK, so despite reservations on using Fram I couldn't resist grabbing those for $1.87 each!  I think its just the standard orange can Frams that have the horrible quality reputation, and the premium lines are OK. 
I hope I don't find out otherwise the hard way!
Parts / Misc For Sale / Re: New Strange Driveshaft
Last post by 7dcuda - Today at 10:55:46 AM
SOLD
I like it the way the owner has it now. Keep the front bumperettes in storage. Love the round tail lamps.