Main Menu

Recent posts

General Topics / Re: Funny pictures, memes, vid...
Last post by MEK-Dangerous - Today at 11:48:01 AM
Quote from: Slotts on Today at 11:02:08 AMBeen there, still have that!

Oh man!!
I remember those. They had a version for 8-tracks, and a version for cassettes. Pioneer was the bomb back then.
S
Last post by Slotts - Today at 11:02:08 AM
Been there, still have that!
General Topics / It never ends
Last post by RUNCHARGER - Today at 10:52:22 AM
It's been a few years since I restored my last E-body but I've still been busy working on other peoples cars and my own projects. I've been restoring 1-2 bikes per year lately and I enjoy it. This is my latest, just short of 2 months from dragging it home to complete, I do everything myself of course and you don't get bogged down on bikes as compared to cars (especially the bodywork and paint phase).
General Topics / Re: HOT RODS,RAT RODS,CUSTOMS,...
Last post by bentpshrods - Today at 10:20:59 AM
  Came across this on a model car site. Seems to cross a C1 vette with a 53 belaire with a touch of mercedes.  A guy there is going to build this in plastic. 
Last post by bentpshrods - Today at 09:55:51 AM
     For me --class of 1975. Also had a matching barefoot dimmer switch.      :banana:
Parts Wanted / WTB Holley center carb #4669
Last post by 69 500 - Today at 07:46:04 AM
WTB 1971 Holley center carb #4669 pm here
Yea the 4 speed.
Sold the 70 pistol grip shifter and purchased a new mechanism.
Current (old school) handle will be replaced proper when car is running.
Interior / Re: Passenger door not opening...
Last post by 1970Cuda - Today at 07:33:01 AM
You're correct (so far as I am aware), that there's no adjustment on the latch. And latches are hard to find too ... I've seen only a few at swap meets. The nice thing is they're not expensive and now I've taken to collecting all the door parts for my e-body. You never know when you'll need a spare. Post here what you find. Maybe someone else has an idea.
I like the woodgrain with the aftermarket gauges, kind of harkens to the original. For some reason I didn't realize you're running a stick behind the turbos! After a long build I'm always wary before starting it up as well, I usually take a day or 2 before firing it to triple check everything and go over in my mind what I might have missed.
Quote from: tparker on May 19, 2024, 09:18:39 PMI have a hard time believing the man that was driving the golf cart would NOT be held  accountable. If I drive another persons car in California and smack something, I can't just walk away. If I disapear, like I car jack the car or something, then  the owner can be held  liable. I would talk to the insurance and see what they say. Not sure how things are are where your at, but fender  benders  arn't recorded  on the car. DMV doesn't get a  report of a scratch or crushed front end, that is between you and the insurance company. You may get points taken off your record for a crash but they don't know  the details. I find it odd that a record would be maintained.

In any case, I hope you get it resolved  with minimal pain.

I don`t think too many states track and record fender benders on older vehicles and even if they do so what- it`s an old restored vehicle so unless you are claiming it`s all original panels no one will care.