Main Menu

Recent posts

Hi All,

A brief update on my restoration project ... finally, after a big delay I was able to install the restored dash in the 'Cuda. I think it looks pretty good. I am posting a few pictures for reference.

Next is rebuilding my steering column. I really need to review the videos on the column restoration to refresh my memory. Thanks for looking.
While fixing the brake system on my 70 'cuda I saw these numbers near the pan between the starter & the flywheel cover. They are on the surface area of the pan rail. I know the block is a 1968 440 (D440) is on the top pad. On that lower area It reads PT440P25122044. Thank you, Joe
This is what I recently ordered for fronts for my 70, it's a power front disc car with 10" rear drums, I haven't installed them yet. I believe you would use the same ones for your 340.

Timken has always been a big name in bearings so that's what jumped out at me when I ordered mine.

I'm running a Sniper on a 318 904 tranny, 8-3/4 and have noticed a few issues.  I know I have to RTFM but wanted to get some general insights first.  Any help/thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Before the Sniper, the shifts from 1-to-2 were solid.  Since installing the Sniper, there's a pretty significant bog/hesitation before kicking into 2nd - probably happens around 10-15mph.  It's very frustrating!
  • HOWEVER, when in slapstik mode, there is no hesitation.  1st is strong up to the point when I shift into 2nd which is very solid.
  • On the Sniper dashboard, I notice that the A/F will dip down into yellow/red when revving the engine which causes the engine to bog down a bit.  The Sniper recovers and gets it back to where it needs to be.  Is this normal?

Wondering if this could be associated with the throttle linkage (which was changed) or maybe Sniper configuration.
Electrical & Audio / Re: Fender turn signals
Last post by Jay Bee - Today at 07:29:43 AM
Because the subject line says "Fender turn signals" I'm adding this picture here should anyone do a search regarding information on these. This is what I came up with from my knowledge, experience and Google. I welcome any contradictions.
Parts Wanted / Re: Fender mounted turn signal...
Last post by Jay Bee - Today at 06:58:36 AM
From my knowledge, experience, and Google I came up with this. I welcome any contradictions.
Parts Wanted / AAR hood wanted
Last post by torredcuda - Today at 06:51:40 AM
reproduction AAR hood wanted in good condition, needing minor work is fine, located within 3-4 hour drive of Southern NH or willing to crate and ship.
Body Shop / Re: Body guys, has anyone done...
Last post by 71chally - Today at 06:22:58 AM
I wouldn't use filler on door edges. Use filler rod, and don't weld on the edge. Generally you cut the door and spread the factory rolled edge outward.  My understanding of the purpose of this is to lock a door flat, without a latch in it...
T
Parts Wanted / Re: Fender mounted turn signal...
Last post by toadstool - Today at 05:56:48 AM
Any chance to get definitions to the picture above? E.g. Year & model to each design?
When I ordered the 72 I have I got the rear defroster. I drove it for years as my daily driver and the defroster was great. I still have the Barracuda and the defroster still works.